• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Modzomatic

Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro With A Dvi-D Monitor?

Question

I want to record my Xbox 360 gameplay while playing on the monitor. (The display shows on a monitor instead of a tv.) This is my setup so far:

​Xbox 360 >>> HDMI Cable >>> Roxio Game Capture HD Pro >>> HDMI to DVI-D adapter >>> DVI-D port on the monitor.

​Roxio Game Capture HD Pro >>> USB Cable >>> Desktop

​​I've had no problem recording gameplay on a tv, but I want to record my gameplay on the monitor display. Is there anyway I can do this? I have seen many many ways to do this, but I need someone to fully explain to me how this could happen. Thank you.

Edited by Modzomatic

10 answers to this question

Looks like you pressed the "Topic Solved" button, which, when done on the first post in a thread makes it disappear. Save pressing that button for the reply that actually solves your issue. :)

So, looking at your connections, I don't see any major problems. But, since you're asking for help, we can only assume that some part here doesn't work. Tell us what the actual problem is when you attempt to play and record using the above setup. Are you getting a signal on the Capture (desktop) monitor? Are you getting an image on the gameplay monitor? What's the problem?

Edited by d_deweywright

Okay, my best guess is that your HDMI to DVI converter may not support the HDCP (copy protection) that the Roxio Game Capture adds to the HDMI signal. To test it (and you may have done this) plug the HDMI cable from your XBox directly into the converter and see if you get a signal on your monitor then. If that works, then it's likely the HDCP issue. You'll need to look for a converter that supports HDCP.

What is the make an model of the HDMI to DVI converter that you have?

I believe it is the HDCP issue. I'm wondering if this cable will do the job, in the description it says perfect for connecting a PS3/Xbox 360 to a DVI monitor. Just want to make sure if this can work and help fix the HDCP issue.

​http://www.amazon.com/9To5Cables-Premium-High-Speed-Cable/dp/B00DK1VX7K/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424584562&sr=1-3&keywords=hdmi+to+dvi+hdcp

Would it be a little better to get a monitor with an HDMI port? And just use the regular 2 HDMI cables needed?

Yes!!!! :D

Just make sure that the Monitor is HDCP Compliant ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin
  • Like 1