• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

aptd15

Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro

Question

Hello, I am planing on starting a YouTube channel, but first I need to buy a game capture. The first one I came across is the one listed in the title. I then looked up reviews on this product, and I found alot of negative ones that were rather old. Some of them went a bit like this: "Moments in the video will jitter and repeat themselves two or three times (requiring detailed post-editing afterwards). Other times, the file containers it saves to won't be fully recognized by varying media playback programs and editing suites. Multiple times I recorded a 30 to 60 minute video, only to find that my time was wasted because the programs I'd bring the file into only recognized the first 90 seconds of actual video. Even when converting the files to other formats, the same thing happened." Has anything changed with these products due to updates, or should I still stay away from this product?

Edited by aptd15

5 answers to this question

Hello, I am planing on starting a YouTube channel, but first I need to buy a game capture. The first one I came across is the one listed in the title. I then looked up reviews on this product, and I found alot of negative ones that were rather old. Some of them went a bit like this: "Moments in the video will jitter and repeat themselves two or three times (requiring detailed post-editing afterwards). Other times, the file containers it saves to won't be fully recognized by varying media playback programs and editing suites. Multiple times I recorded a 30 to 60 minute video, only to find that my time was wasted because the programs I'd bring the file into only recognized the first 90 seconds of actual video. Even when converting the files to other formats, the same thing happened." Has anything changed with these products due to updates, or should I still stay away from this product?

You must have used a fantastic magnifying glass to read the reviews. :blink: :blink: :blink:

• Like 1

EVERY card has some issue at least with some users... 99.99% of them are self inflected :huh:

It takes a lot of PC Power to capture even with a dedicated device doing the brunt of the work. Users who try to wish their PC Specs fit the requirements are always disappointed in the results :(

So are those that chase numbers they know nothing about e.g. I MUST have 60 fps even though the graphics are about the quality of Looney Tunes :lol:

And we see many who blame the software/hardware when they have not set up their account correctly :wacko:

It isn't perfect and I would like to see the user complaints and suggestions addressed but it seems to hold its' own against others in the end -_-

One other comment I would add is that in general, those having problems, will usually complain, while those for whom the device is working well rarely show up to praise it.

So it's not that unusual to find more negative comments than positive ones, for anything. If something is working as it should, what's the incentive to go out and post that it's working as it should?!

Good point Dave!

This is a hot selling product! While we do not numbers, just looking at the number of Topics for it, 2830 and we see it is Double those for the NXT which came out the same time...

Now that by itself is not enough to draw a concrete conclusion it does tell me if it generates twice the Topics as the 'flagship' software, it is a mover! ;)