• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Builder Won't Burn Cd's

j_mcn

DVD Builder won't burn vcd or svcd. Audio Central and Photosuite do. O.S. is Win XP SP2. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program . No change. I have downloaded the 2 updates shown . But to no avail. I am considering purchasing Roxio 8, but ,first , I would like to know why V.6 doesn't work. It used to once.

hoping someone can help,

John

McNeill.

To add some specifics.

Click on Burn Button. o.k.

Burn Project . Accepts Disc and burn parameters. o.k.

Starts to encode pictures - Immediately stops and displays following message.

"Roxio DVD Builder.

Roxio DVD Builder has encountered a problem and needs to close.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Please tell Microsoft." end message.

There has been no response from Ms.

Hope this helps.

John McNeill.

DVD Builder won't burn vcd or svcd. Audio Central and Photosuite do. O.S. is Win XP SP2. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program . No change. I have downloaded the 2 updates shown . But to no avail. I am considering purchasing Roxio 8, but ,first , I would like to know why V.6 doesn't work. It used to once.

hoping someone can help,

John

McNeill.

Pretty vague???

Define "won't", so we might have a clue.

V6 Builder is a very simple program whereas V8 will be like starting from scratch. Obviously v6 should work and while the V8 suite is composed of a completely different set of programs, it would be well to isolate this now.

• 2 weeks later...
:) hi im new at this dvd burning deal but not the cd burning which is easy. 1st. of all for some reason dvd's dont just start playing like on my kids comp. 2nd.thing is that when i open disc copier and insert a dvd as instructed and click the burner it tells me theres not enough temporary space so please tell me how to create more space on hard drive im new at this and lost.

Archived