• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

bedatguy

Obs Build That Supports Capture Cards, Including Roxio Gamecap Hd Pro!

Question

So OBS has FINALLY made a test build for the new Multiplatform for Windows. It includes the support of Roxio GameCAP HD Pro. (I don't know about the Roxio GameCAP Standard) This is what ALOT of people have been waiting for and I decided to tell you guys!!!!!! REMEMBER: THIS IS A TEST BUILD. IT MIGHT NOT BE STABLE FOR YOUR COMPUTER. YOU COULD FACE BUGS, AND SOME FEATURES MAY HAVE BEEN STRIPPED. (FEATURE PLAN TO COME BACK WHEN THE BUILD IS DONE!)

OBS Multiplatform 0.8.3: https://obsproject.c...ld-0-8-3.23342/

Here is proof:

UPDATE 4/14/15:

New version has came out with bug fixes and new features.

OBS Multiplatform 0.9.1: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/latest-windows-test-build-0-9-1.23342/

Edited by bedatguy

20 answers to this question

Tried it out. It does work indeed. Great quality as well. Looks like I will no longer have a need for Xsplit in the future.

A couple things to note though.

1. You must start the Roxio capture software before OBS if you want the Roxio to put out sound.

2. You cannot force deinterlace like you can in Xsplit, so make sure you are set to either 1080p or 720p in the Roxio capture software for the best quality.

MowDownGaming, are you using the OBS software that this thread was started for? And is your problem with using that software? If so, then you'll need to take the problem up on an OBS forum, since this is a Roxio forum.

If your problem is with the Roxio RGC HD capture program and software, please start your own new thread, and give us the details of your setup and problem. (Details of your capture PC, your game console, connections, what works, what doesn't work...)

Thanks.

since my laptop isnt all that great specs wise ive just been using the roxio software. Ever since 2.0 update streaming to twitch works just fine for me in 480/30fps (720p lags my pc to much when streaming). I cant use a webcam but my turtle beach mic picks up my voice in the stream when set through the settings so thats good enough for me. I was never to keen on people being able to see info my private living space anyways 0.o

Edited by Yutaka

Can you do this with a ps3 using an hdmi cable? I've desperately been waiting for obs to finally release this and I just found this post so I hooked everything up and there was nothing, just a blank screen. If anyone knows if, and the steps if so, I would appreciate it very much!

No, you can't capture from the PS3 with an HDMI cable because the PS3 outputs HDCP (copy protection) which can't be turned off. The PS4 has a patch which allows you to turn off the HDCP. You'd need extra hardware to remove the HDCP encoding from the PS3. If you do some Google searching, you may find what you need.

• Like 1

Flynnyboy, you need to tell us how you're set up. If you want to capture with the RGC HD Pro, as you play, then you're commentary must be going into the RGC HD Pro during the game play, you need to find a way to mix the output from your console with your commentary audio.

If you want to add your commentary later, you can record using whatever headset and card you care to, and then mix that audio in later.

Not sure if that helps?

I have put my hdmi from my Roxio to my tv (output) and use my av component cable from my ps3 to my game cap (input). I put the audio cables from my turtle beach into the audio for the Roxio then put the av component audio cables into the back of my turtle beach audio cable. I don't know how to use my turtle beach for live commentary. Do I need any wires to makes this happen I have a 2.5 female to a 3.5 male adapter but I don't know how it works. The videos don't show me and the videos I have watched show a turtle beach with a hole for a cable in the thing which the wires come in and out of (it looks like a rectangle.

We're hitting the limit of what I can suggest at this point, since I don't have a PS3 or the like to play with.

I put the audio cables from my turtle beach into the audio for the Roxio then put the av component audio cables into the back of my turtle beach audio cable.

I don't understand just what you're doing there. Maybe a picture would help. (There's a link in my signature, below, if you need help with how to post a picture.) I would think you would plug your turtle beach headset into your PS3. I am assuming there's a connection for the microphone as well? At that point, maybe there are settings for making sure the audio from your mic then goes out with the PS3 audio to the TV as well? I'm guessing wildly at this point.

This is how it's setup: HDMI from RGC HD PRO to my TV. AV component cables from ps3 to RGC HD PRO. Turtle beach Earforce PLa headset:The audio cables are in the game cap. I hope this helps.

post-127524-0-89109500-1439317927_thumb.jpg

post-127524-0-93419200-1439317951_thumb.jpg

post-127524-0-18179600-1439318066_thumb.jpg

post-127524-0-48352500-1439318137_thumb.jpg

So, the question now is, what happens when you use this setup? What do you hear on your capture? What do you hear on your headset? And is any of those connectors going to the microphone?

Do you hear your voice from the headset microphone on your TV?

I hear the game volume on my game cap but not myself or others (even though I can hear them over the mic but the game cap doesn't get it). On my headset I also hear the game from time to time and the game cap still captures the game audio but this sometimes doesn't work as I change the wires around. The mic wire goes into the ps3 (from the usb). Should I put my audio wire for my turtle beach into my tv? or keep it as it is?

See if this is any help (I don't have a PS3). Go to “Settings” > “Sound Settings” >“Audio Output Settings”' Select ” Audio Input Connector / SCART / AV Multi” to send the audio.

The installer link for the new version don't work anymore. Is there any other way to get OBS to work for my Roxio?

What new version are you talking about?