• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Hangs At 80%

GuinnessPint

Question

I was using MyDVD9 without issue

I made the mistake of upgrading to NTX3

I am burning to file structure on Hard Disc (BluRay structure)

At 80% it hangs on encoding menus.

After two failures I tried again..same thing.

I left it overnight..still hung at 80%

Any ideas where to begin?

17 answers to this question

The "menu" error may not before the right process. Did you start with high definition videos and select wide screen when you started the first video project?

Open Video Wave and load your project, select to OUTPUT the project to a high definition mpg2 file. If it completes, go on to the next project until they are all (pre) encoded to the high definition mpg2 files. If one of them fails, you have located your problem and you can then fix it.

If they all encode properly then just add those mpg2 files to MyDVD. and burn it to a ISO (image) file. If that completes properly, then you can burn the disc from that.

I'll also assume that since you are trying to burn blu ray that you are using a blu ray burner and a good quality blu ray disc. Have you ever been able to burn a blu ray disc? Do you have the PRO version of NXT 3.

How long is your combined project? What menu are you using? How many items are on the main menu? Are all your videos high definition?

Please run and post the information on your computer via DXDIAG (link to process)

There are a lot of questions above and it has taken some time to do a mental trouble shoot of the issue. Please provide answers and if you don;t want to, just tell us to close this out.

Oh, and if we solve it you owe us a few pints of virtual Stout.

I have posted the same issue on the board and the above person was not able to give me any way to fix the problem when I was trying to burn a regular movie DVD in My DVD in Creator NTX3. I was having and still am having the same issue of the software not encoding the menus it stops in the 80% area and does a Not Responding error code.

My question is will any of the above information on how to fix apple to me?

I have posted the same issue on the board and the above person was not able to give me any way to fix the problem when I was trying to burn a regular movie DVD in My DVD in Creator NTX3. I was having and still am having the same issue of the software not encoding the menus it stops in the 80% area and does a Not Responding error code.

My question is will any of the above information on how to fix apple to me?

Only if you have the exact same computer including video and audio card, other programs on your computer, you use exactly the same methodology, etc. In other words it may but my guess is NO !

Thanks for the input.

I've burned blu-ray before in MyDVD9 without issue.

This was a brand new project in NTX3.

I have multiple blu ray burners, but I am burning to a HD folder structure as a first pass.

The files themselves are AVIs in 780x420.

I captured them in an older version of Adobe Premier 6.5 over firewire using the default encoder.

I've used videos from that before in MyDVD9 without issue.

I'll try pre-encoding the files first.

Worst case at least I don't have to wait for the file to encode again.

I'm also going to try reducing the levels of menus.

If that fails I may just go back to MyDVD9 and try that, but I've already wasted a day with NXT3 and don't want to start over.

Thanks again

Thanks for the input.

I've burned blu-ray before in MyDVD9 without issue.

This was a brand new project in NTX3.

I have multiple blu ray burners, but I am burning to a HD folder structure as a first pass.

The files themselves are AVIs in 780x420.

I captured them in an older version of Adobe Premier 6.5 over firewire using the default encoder.

I've used videos from that before in MyDVD9 without issue.

I'll try pre-encoding the files first.

Worst case at least I don't have to wait for the file to encode again.

I'm also going to try reducing the levels of menus.

If that fails I may just go back to MyDVD9 and try that, but I've already wasted a day with NXT3 and don't want to start over.

Thanks again

Why are you trying to create BluRay when your source video is "low" quality video compared to BlueRay/

Why are you trying to create BluRay when your source video is "low" quality video compared to BlueRay/

I can have one BluRay or I can have several DVDs

Seems like BluRay is the way to go to me.

Anyway the issue seems to be with chapter menus IMO.

If I just click on a chapter menu in edit it hangs and I have to kill it in task manager.

If I preview the disc it also freezes generating chapter menus when I click and links that have chapter menus.

One of the videos has about 56 chapters, but even one with 6 has this issue.

Seem like Sonic\Roxio always has issues like this with MyDVD.

VideoWave always seems to be crashing randomly

It seems to me there should be a log file somewhere that says where it was crashing.

As far as I can tell it has completed all 21 videos and if creating the menu when it hangs.

Seems like there should be a log file that has the details.

If there is can someone point me to that.

And did you try what I suggested in post 6???

I understand you are using a BD to increase the amount you can save. But there are still issues with Ratio and rendering 'up' can sometimes actually reduce the quality...

Some idea of time you can expect from various media:

DVD AVCHD Capacity:

AVCHD on a 4.7 DVD (thanks to ggrussell)

• HQ – 0:40:24 @ 1920 X 1080P
  • SP – 0:50:16 @ 1920 X 1080I
  • LP – 1:00:00 @ 1440 X 1080I
  • EP – 1:24:31 1280 X 720P

AVCHD on 8.5 DVD

• HQ – 1:13
  • SP – 1:24
  • LP – 1:39
  • EP – 2:15

Blu-ray 25 GB Capacity:

• HQ— 3:29
  • SP— 4:00
  • LP— 4:43
  • EP— 6:24

Blu-ray 50 GB Capacity:

• HQ— 6:59
  • SP— 8:02
  • LP— 9:27
  • EP— 12:50

BD Quality (Blu-ray quality)

HQ: 1920 X 1080 30 Mbps

SP: 1920 x 1080 25 Mbps

LP: 1440 X 1080 20 Mbps

ELP: 1280 X 720 15 Mbps

Hey guys, perhaps there is a misunderstanding. You can create a standard definition project (large), make a ISO file and select to burn that to a blu ray disc. There is no re-encoding for higher resolution.

More clarification: Select to make a 3D disc, add your standard definition videos and select to keep them at the original resolution. It will make the ISO file rather quickly because if the standard definition files are in a complatible format (mp3) there should be no upscaling

One video with 56 chapters :wacko::blink: and you have at least 21 titles :blink: :blink: I would not want to navigate through that jungle :lol:

I don't bother with BlueRay - they never really caught on and will probably disappear in a few years.

As for the jungle...for the most part it will be something you play and just skip forward to the next chapter.

It's not something where I'd care about using the menus to navigate to be honest.

MyDVD added the menus from the chapters I set up.

Well yeah we can all thank Sony for that so much time was wasted in the format wars that basically killed the HD disc format.

Having it on one disc is just for convenience and since the source material is 8mm tape that is over 10 years old and the people who are going to see this can't see all that well I'm less concerned with the quality of the video than the convenience of one disc.

And did you try what I suggested in post 6???

Yes a very simple project works...but that tells me very little to be honest.

If MyDVD is choking on too many levels of chapters it's going to be a bit difficult to create the same thing for testing and I'm not going to spend my time doing that.

What I am doing is creating the same exact project without any chapters at all, just as three movies with no chapters and I'll see how that works.

if that hangs then it seems to be an issue with the video files...if that works then I'll retry chapters and see what that gets me.

Hey guys, perhaps there is a misunderstanding. You can create a standard definition project (large), make a ISO file and select to burn that to a blu ray disc. There is no re-encoding for higher resolution.

Can you point me to anything on this...it's something I'd like to look into at some point when I get past this issue.

I'd much rather leave the upscaling of the video to the player than trust videowave to do it.

I did not look to deeply into that as an option it's rare i'd need to create a BluRay from a standard source like this, but I have another project that will be similar.

Basically 10 years of pre-hd videos from camera phones and digital cameras that I'd like to get on one disc to simplify playback from non technical family members.

Thanks all..Once I get this re-encoded I'll update in case anyone else runs into similar issues.

I still wondering about a log file..I never write code without a decent log file...there has to be something that says exactly what it's doing at the time of failure other than the display on screen that says it's enconding menus.

Can you point me to anything on this...it's something I'd like to look into at some point when I get past this issue.

I'd much rather leave the upscaling of the video to the player than trust videowave to do it.

See edited post above. Select to keep the video files at the original resolution and select blu ray as the project type. You will get an ISO file ready to burn to a blu-ray. You could also try making a folder set.

See edited post above. Select to keep the video files at the original resolution and select blu ray as the project type. You will get an ISO file ready to burn to a blu-ray. You could also try making a folder set.

Ill try that..Thanks

I'm guessing that will reduce the render time as well since it is not "upconverting"

I did burn the disc to iso without chapters and it worked perfectly fine so there is some issue chapters.

What that is I have no idea and again that's where a log file might come in handy

Archived