• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Repair Insert Disk 1

Mellowleague

Question

• Answers 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the same as the hdmi shows on the roxio program but not on the tv...

Did you have your TV set to look at the component input? The reason we wanted you to do this is because the Game Capture device does nothing to the component signal. It (the Roxio Game Capture device) doesn't even have to be powered on for the signal to get to your TV. If you saw nothing on the TV, and you had a signal on the Game Capture preview, then there's a problem with your TV or the way your TV is set up.

Also, if you have a signal on the capture Preview screen, then the software is working and doesn't need to be "repaired."

Once again, as we've asked several times, please, please, please try the component connection all the way through to your TV and let us know if that works. The implication from above is that you're using the HDMI connection. If you are running component cables all the way, please say, "I have tried connecting everything with component cables."

It does it worked last time please just fix the repair because the hdmi use to work so why dont it work now i just dont get it!!!

We realize you " just dont get it!!! " by the answers you give us, and we are trying to help you. Just try this simple test.

With the PS3 component cable plugged directly into your TV – No Roxio software opened or USB plugged in. - is there good signal on TV. If yes, go to the next step. If no, get back on here, don't go any further.

Next, connect the PS3 component cable into the input of the RGC unit, and connect the output component cable to the TV – again, no Roxio software opened or USB plugged in – Is there a good signal on TV .

It does it worked last time please just fix the repair because the hdmi use to work so why dont it work now i just dont get it!!!

Once again, your statement, "It does" (above) means nothing to us. Please be explicit in what you tell us. Did the Component cables work or not?

Maybe you don't realize that this is a user board, and we don't work for Roxio. We're trying to help you on our own time, but you can make this much easier for us by being clear on everything you post here.

We're trying to help YOU figure out if there is a hardware problem with the Game Capture unit! If there is a hardware problem, no amount of software repairs are going to fix it.

Okay First of all im not 9 i was just angry that i've spent over 100 pounds of this capture card and it doesn't work after a month. secound of all when i use the component cables my tv is black. and their is nothing happening once i've turned on the ps3 but the picture stil comes through the roxio software but this use to work with hdmi and use to be the same as it was. before it worked but now it doesn't.

I have tried connecting everything with component cables. so yeh i belevie its a software problem.

Thank you for trying that. But you didn't say if you got a signal on your TV or not. Sorry to keep harping on that, but we need you to explicitly say not only what you've done, but what the results are.

And if it didn't work, then that makes it sound like there's a HARDWARE problem!

One more test, please humor me. Disconnect the Game Capture device from the USB cable. Once more connect everything up from your PS/3 to the Game Capture to the TV using Component cables. You should be able to get a signal on your TV because the Component inputs and outputs on the Game Capture device are wired straight through.

Let us know if that works or not.

Okay First of all im not 9 i was just angry that i've spent over 100 pounds of this capture card and it doesn't work after a month. secound of all when i use the component cables my tv is black. and their is nothing happening once i've turned on the ps3 but the picture stil comes through the roxio software but this use to work with hdmi and use to be the same as it was. before it worked but now it doesn't.

I understand you're angry, and probably frustrated. Please understand that we get frustrated too when we have to keep asking for clarification of what you've done, and what has happened.

So, we need to do the same test with the component cables that you did with the HDMI. Connect your PS/3 directly to your TV using the Component cables. If/when you get that to work, insert the Game Capture device between the PS/3 and your TV. (Component cables from your PS/3 to the Game Capture, and then Component cables from the Game Capture device to the TV.) This should work without any problems because the Game capture device simply passes that signal through from one side to the other.

If that does not work, then it would seem that your Game Capture device has a serious hardware problem, and we cannot solve that.

If that does work, then try your HDMI cable one more time. Double and triple check your TV settings to make sure it's set to use the HDMI input. If that also does not work, then it would also seem that your Game Capture device (the box itself) has failed in some way, and again, we cannot solve that.

In both cases, please let us know if you are able to get an image on the preview screen using the capture software.

Da

Thank you for trying that. But you didn't say if you got a signal on your TV or not. Sorry to keep harping on that, but we need you to explicitly say not only what you've done, but what the results are.

And if it didn't work, then that makes it sound like there's a HARDWARE problem!

One more test, please humor me. Disconnect the Game Capture device from the USB cable. Once more connect everything up from your PS/3 to the Game Capture to the TV using Component cables. You should be able to get a signal on your TV because the Component inputs and outputs on the Game Capture device are wired straight through.

Let us know if that works or not.

He say's he has done that (post 63).....maybe you will have more success <_<

AND UNDERSTAND that PS3 to the RGC with HDMI and Component Out to TV will never work!!!

HDMI in to the RGC can have either HDMI or Component Out.

But your lack of information and detail is the reason this Topic is going nowhere... 3 pages into this and you just mentioned that your brother did something to the RGC.???

Archived