Roxio Repair Insert Disk 1

Mellowleague

Question

• Answers 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Have you tried the component connection all the way from your PS/3 to the RGC to your TV yet? Please do that.

Here's the deal, if you can start the Game Capture software, and see your game play on the TV screen, and capture that game play to a file, then there would seem to be no problem with the software. If there were a problem with the software, you would probably get a green "no signal" message, you wouldn't see anything on your preview screen, and you wouldn't be able to capture any game play. Since the software doesn't want to re-install, it would seem there's something going on with your PC, and if we don't have to disturb things there, potentially making things worse, then it would seem we shouldn't do that. You could try uninstalling the program, possibly using the Revo uninstaller, but at this point, with the message you're getting, I would be afraid that you would not get it reinstalled and working without some major work.

Have you let Windows apply any updates recently? Can you try doing a system restore to a time before that when your Game Capture was working properly?

We're trying to get you to determine for us if there is a problem with your hardware, the actual Game Capture box. If there is a problem with the hardware, then the software will not fix it!

Once again, as we've asked several times, please, please, please try the component connection all the way through to your TV and let us know if that works. The implication from above is that you're using the HDMI connection. If you are running component cables all the way, please say, "I have tried connecting everything with component cables."

I have tried connecting everything with component cables. so yeh i belevie its a software problem.

Thank you for trying that. But you didn't say if you got a signal on your TV or not. Sorry to keep harping on that, but we need you to explicitly say not only what you've done, but what the results are.

And if it didn't work, then that makes it sound like there's a HARDWARE problem!

One more test, please humor me. Disconnect the Game Capture device from the USB cable. Once more connect everything up from your PS/3 to the Game Capture to the TV using Component cables. You should be able to get a signal on your TV because the Component inputs and outputs on the Game Capture device are wired straight through.

Let us know if that works or not.

Da

Thank you for trying that. But you didn't say if you got a signal on your TV or not. Sorry to keep harping on that, but we need you to explicitly say not only what you've done, but what the results are.

And if it didn't work, then that makes it sound like there's a HARDWARE problem!

One more test, please humor me. Disconnect the Game Capture device from the USB cable. Once more connect everything up from your PS/3 to the Game Capture to the TV using Component cables. You should be able to get a signal on your TV because the Component inputs and outputs on the Game Capture device are wired straight through.

Let us know if that works or not.

He say's he has done that (post 63).....maybe you will have more success <_<

He say's he has done that (post 63).....maybe you will have more success <_<

I believe that was the RGC was connected to the PC and powered up. I want him to try it without any power to the RGC. He should still get a component signal through to the TV. If he doesn't, then it would sound like the unit has died.

I believe that was the RGC was connected to the PC and powered up. I want him to try it without any power to the RGC. He should still get a component signal through to the TV. If he doesn't, then it would sound like the unit has died.

I have been trying to get him to do that since post 43 and again in 58, he responds with "I've already tried that i said directly from ps3 it works component but when put into roxio it dont work.".

He does not give any details.....there is not much more we can do.

Yes, getting clear details has been pretty difficult. But I'm starting to think that something is wrong with his unit if it won't pass a signal through. Though if he can connect Component cables directly from his PS/3 directly to his TV, then all he needs to do is split the Component signal before the Game Capture unit, and he'll be able to capture, since that still seems to work, and play using the component cable directly to the TV.

Edited by d_deweywright

Okay, so it sounds like your Game Capture device is broken somehow, not the software, which is odd, because you say you can still capture your game play.

Obviously, you're invited to contact Roxio directly. I don't know how long you've had the unit, and if it's still under warranty or not, but since you say you can connect your TV directly to your PS/3 using Component cables, and get a picture on your TV, than the workaround at this point would be to split your component signal coming out of your PS/3, and then plug one set of cables into the Game Capture device, and the other set to your TV.

post-61-0-79696400-1425485451_thumb.jpg

That's the best I've got to offer at this point.

If you still want to pursue reinstalling the software, do a quick search for "Revo" on these forums and you should find the instructions for doing a complete uninstall and reinstall.

Good luck!