JulieG

Problems With Slideshow - Split From Hijacked Thread In Wrong Forum

Question

Hope someone can help. I'm still using Creator 2011, v1. Been trying to create a slideshow video like I've been doing for years. Don't know what changed. I select Output/Export with the following settings for a MP4 . Roxio gets about half way thru the rendering, starts slowing, goes black, eventually at 99% gives that error message. Any ideas? Files plays fine in Roxio Videowave.. Do I simply need to upgrade to a current SW package?

4 answers to this question

Hope someone can help. I'm still using Creator 2011, v1. Been trying to create a slideshow video like I've been doing for years. Don't know what changed. I select Output/Export with the following settings for a MP4 . Roxio gets about half way thru the rendering, starts slowing, goes black, eventually at 99% gives that error message. Any ideas? Files plays fine in Roxio Videowave.. Do I simply need to upgrade to a current SW package?

Roxio 2011 Runtime error.pdf

There's a possibility it's a heat issue. I don't know what you're system is, but if you can double check that there's no dust buildup on the heatsink of your processor (pull the fan and clean it out) or pull the cover off and make sure there's some extra airflow over the processor, that may help. I had an issue (Creator 2012) with rendering, and after restarting it, with a nearby window cracked open to let some cooler air in, it ran fine. Since yours starts okay, then gets slower, and finally crashes, it sounds like a heat problem candidate.

Let us know how you make out.