• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 12 - Audio Capture From External Sources.

Bajer1939

Question

Am I being naive in thinking that it's strange that Toast now lacks that most basic function of being able to accept music from an external mike, i.e., fed from a cd player or radio tuner etc., and to produce a CD from that? (Spin Doctor/Audio Capture where are you?).

The ability to record video from web sites (also previously available on SD) is useful I suppose, but surely the other function is a basic requirement for CD burning software???

I now have to use Audio Hijack etc. for this, shouldn't need to go outside Toast surely for such a basic?

Or am I missing something here? - I certainly can't find any mention of this on the Toast Guide... :(

1 answer to this question

As you noted, Toast never had this capability but used a bundled application instead (CD SpinDoctor). CD SpinDoctor's outside developer was notoriously slow with much-needed bug fixes and updates so Roxio created its own SpinDoctor X application. It was a disaster and for some reason they didn't attempt to fix it. Instead they dropped it from the Toast 12 bundle.

Archived