• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mp4 File Not Showing In Settings When Attempting To Record

MatthewA

Question

Hi there, I have been using the same Roxio Game Capture HD PRO for two odd years now. Recently I had to get my laptop (HP Envy I believe) fixed through a problem with the screen. As such I had to completely re-install most of my software/games/etc. Two days ago I re-installed Roxio with my disc and set everything up perfectly. Or so I thought, when attempting to record (on PS4 which I have successfully done now for a few months beforehand) I do not get the option to choose via settings an MP4 capture. The only setting it shows is M2TS, which I just managed to get working today after fiddling with the plugs (it came up as no signal before). M2TS is okay to record with I guess but it is more suited to streaming than actual recorded gameplay. That and I believe it is worse quality overall (though I might be wrong) either way I would like to know a solution to get MP4 recordings back. Again if there's no solution as of yet I'd be willing to go on M2TS though it's kind of a last result. I have heard of a way to edit it to an MP4 through ways of video editing though do not know how to do this. I regret that I can't be of much help than that. Also I cannot attempt to try it on a different console as I currently do not have the right gear to do it with as I sold it.

Thank you beforehand.

2 answers to this question

Dave is right, but keep in mind very very few folks actually "need" mp4!

Then keep in mind that it does not work with any capture that exceeds an hour ~ give or take, I haven't bothered to use a stopwatch.

Best advice capture in m2ts and convert afterwards and then only if you actually need to ;)

I believe the .MP4 option arrived with one of the service packs for the RGC software. So open the software and have it look for updates.

As for quality, I think they're essentially identical since I believe when you set it for MP4 output, it actually captures in M2TS, then converts that to .MP4.

Archived