• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Frozen On "finishing"

Seriously??

I started to transfer a video to files, and when the video started, and it showed the record button, I clicked it. Instead of showing the starting of the recording of the video, it said 'finishing" (and the little wheel-thing was spinning next to the word finishing). No matter what I do, I can't stop it. I've unplugged the Roxio from the computer, tried closing out of the program, but I get an error message saying I can't close it until I stop the recording or it finishes. But there's not way to stop recording! The "X' button I'd usually click to stop it (down on lower right next to the record button), isn't highlighted for me to click it. Help me shut this down please!

Jim, I've seen where that won't work. The standard, "X" button, or "End" button trigger an event, and if the program is set up to capture it, it pops up a message like he's seeing, where it says, "No, can't close till.... (insert item to wait for here)". In which case, you can go to the Processes tab, and tell Windows to kill the process, which takes a different route, and kills it without asking for permission.

• 4 weeks later...

Help! Help! I am having the same problem. I recorded a VHS video and it told me it was done and went into finish mode and I am still waiting for it to finish. How long does this take???? I tried to X out and couldn't. What is the deal? I know I am new at this but it is supposed to be EASY VHS to DVD. There's nothing EASY about it. I am so disappointed in this purchase.

Nilsen61, you need to tell us your story from the beginning.

Are you recording directly to DVD, or are you recording to your hard drive first, and then going to DVD? In either case, it's really better if you first record to your hard drive, and then record to DVD, even if you don't make any edits, so you can separate the processes and figure out where things are failing.

As for "Easy", it's all relative, but anyone who has done much of any video work will tell you, despite the hype, working with video takes at least some amount of work and learning.

Also, please tell us your PC's specs: processor type and speed, version of Windows, amount of RAM, video card or chip set, hard drive free space...

Archived