• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

MrBruce

Easy Vhs To Dvd's Sound Editor (Deleting Eq Presets)

Question

I have Roxio's Easy VHS to DVD software package that came with the USB dongle and Roxio's Sound Editor for editing or recording sound tracks from vinyl records or CDs.

The sound editor has an included E.Q. for adjusting the audio quality, it also has a drop down menu with E.Q. presets, and the ability to click the image of a floppy disc and save that preset.

My question is if I wish to delete a preset that I created and saved, where is the option to permanently delete those E.Q. Presets from sound editor, so they no longer show up in the preset drop down list?

Thanks In Advance.

Bruce.

14 answers to this question

Nobody has any idea where these pre-sets are stored for the built in E.Q. of Sound Editor?

I looked throughout every folder on my hard drive and can't find where Roxio Easy VHS to DVD stores them for Sound Editor's Built in E.Q.

If anyone is lost as to what I am asking I suppose I could post a picture of the drop down menu located in the E.Q. of Sound editor so you know which one I am referring to.

Bruce.

Please do so, I am not sure what the Sound Editor from Easy vHS to DVD looks like. I have Sound Editor from NXT 2 on this computer and I want to see the difference.

By the way, why do you want to remove the custom equalizer setting you created?

What happens if you select to 'Reset" the custom EQ settings in the equalizer window? . Mine go to no emphasis (straight line).

Edited by sknis

Not quite. I don't have that ghost image of a floppy disc to the right of the custom window and the eq window is different (Why)? . What happens if you click on it. Perhaps it shows up once you create a custom equalizer setting. If so, then it should show where MrBruce should start looking.

Disclaimer: Sometimes the exact same application looks different on different computers. If they all displayed the same, many screen caps would not be necessary.

post-58-0-99815700-1426941741_thumb.png

Edited by sknis

If you open Create Music Disc Projects and then add a piece of music, and then select to edit, then edit music, then edit music and select qualizer. You get Roxio Qucik Sound Editor that looks somewhat closer to what you show. The disc icon is there and you can save a preset but there is no way to select where the information is stored. (Temporary File folder).

MrBruce, did you save the custom eq with a specific recognizable name? Does Windows not find that name?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Jim Hardin your screen shots are exactly like my version of Sound Editor, I have the full licensed version of Roxio's VHS to DVD from the disc. Sound editor is located in the directory of Audio Core and is version 1.0.0.62 also called SoundEditVHS.exe From Sonic Solutions.

I do see files with an .fxU extension, but those files do not look to be editable.

The reason I want to delete the presets I created is because I messed up on the order of the names I used for each one, I named my first preset Rock, the next was Rock 2, Rock 3, The next was misnamed Rock 5, because I thought I had already used Rock 4, now it goes 3 5 then 4 and two presets 3 and 5 were the same with a slight decrease in the master volume in number 5.

I am not attempting to delete the presets that were in that drop down list that were set by Roxio, I want to delete 5 and 4 and make it so the list goes 2, 3, 4, and 5 not 2, 3, 5, 4.

Resetting the menu does not remove my presets, it only moves the 11 sliders back to the default 0db as shown in the second image in post #4.

Sknis, I also have that Parametric Equalizer in my version of Easy VHS To DVD's Sound Editor, but it is located under the Sound Effects drop down menu of my editor and it is also found under the main window under Tools.

Bruce.

MrBruce, did you save the custom eq with a specific recognizable name? Does Windows not find that name?

I tried searching using Windows 7's search bar for Rock 2, Rock 3 etc. but no go, came up with many file names with those numbers in their name, but no files named Rock 2 or Rock 3 etc. Those settings must be saved within a file with a specific name, perhaps in those files ending with the .fxU extension. Oddly enough, if you use windows search and type *.* .fxU I get EQ.fxU as a result. opening that file in notepad shows text that appears to be computer code such as the jibberish listed below.

MZ ÿÿ ¸ @ ø º ´ Í!¸LÍ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

$ ®ì”êe‚Çêe‚Çêe‚ÇÍ£ùÇâe‚ÇïiÝÇíe‚ÇïiÇîe‚ÇêeƒÇe‚ÇïißÇïe‚ÇÁD¥ÇÏe‚ÇìF‰Çëe‚ÇïiâÇàe‚ÇïiÞÇëe‚ÇnÜÇëe‚ÇïiØÇëe‚ÇRichêe‚Ç PE L ŒK à !

€ p òu Ða ¶ Ï $­ Œ Ð ` ð ¤  “ œ .text îp € `.rdata Ï' 0 @ @.data „ À À @ À.rsrc ` Ð Ð @ @.reloc @ ð ð @ B

Bruce.

BY The way, be careful when you open that .fxU file, it contains tons of computer code and that code can be broken if you choose to always open that file with notepad or wordpad. Make sure you uncheck "always use this program to open this type of file"

Besides computer code, there are words in English in that mass of text jibberish.

Bruce.

Update, while I had EQ.fxU opened in notepad, I tried the search text feature in notepad and typed the name Rock 2 into the field and clicked search next, it did not find the words Rock 2 anywhere within that file's text wording. So now I'm really confused here.

Bruce.

I can tell you that I have never set a custom one so this has never been an issue for me :lol:

Maybe someone has and will pop in. If not you know you can Overwrite and existing name with new data.

Not the prettiest solution but a fair bandaid ;)

Not quite. I don't have that ghost image of a floppy disc to the right of the custom window and the eq window is different (Why)? . What happens if you click on it. Perhaps it shows up once you create a custom equalizer setting. If so, then it should show where MrBruce should start looking.

Disclaimer: Sometimes the exact same application looks different on different computers. If they all displayed the same, many screen caps would not be necessary.

post-58-0-99815700-1426941741_thumb.png

The image you show is for the "Parametric Equalizer" under Tools/Effects. Jim's image is for the Equalizer found under Tools/Cleanup Audio

Okay... I don't actually have Easy VHS to DVD installed, so I was playing with Roxio Creator 2012's Sound Editor. It has the same equalizer option that's shown above.

I created a custom equalizer setting, and saved it as, "MyWeirdEqualizer".

Then I went and searched in the Creator 2012 install folder, and didn't find any files updated today.

The next logical place in my mind, was the Windows Registry. Yes folks, that's where it stores it.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Roxio\EMC13\Audiocore\FX\eq10

Of course, that path is for Creator 2012, but I suspect you'll find a similar path for Easy VHS to DVD.

I created a second custom equalizer setting, it showed up under the same key.

I quit Sound Editor, and deleted the two Registry entries, restarted Sound Editor, and my two saved entries were gone.

If you want to play in the Registry, a dangerous thing to do, make a backup first. Don't fiddle with anything unknown, you may make your system unbootable. If you have any doubts about what you're doing whatsoever in the registry, don't do anything!

Otherwise, you can start REGEDIT, press F3 to open the search window,and search for your custom settings.

Again, be careful. I do not recommend fiddling in the registry.

Edited by d_deweywright
: typo correction.

The next logical place in my mind, was the Windows Registry. Yes folks, that's where it stores it.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Roxio\EMC13\Audiocore\FX\eq10

Of course, that path is for Creator 2012, but I suspect you'll find a similar path for Easy VHS to DVD.

Very Good catch!!!

I found those settings in the windows registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Roxio\VHS\AudioCore\FX\eq10

It shows Rock and then Rock 2 through Rock 5 in the correct order, not like the drop down menu shows, so this answers my question and I figured it was only right I posted back so if anyone ever asks this question, they will know where the user created presets are stored.

Many thanks for providing this information.

Bruce.