• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
JillyJ

Help. All Works But The Audio Only Renders In Part

Well, I now have my second problem I hope someone canoffer a suggestion to. I did buy a new laptop, even though my prior issue was resolved by the experts herein.

ASUAll laptop, windows 8.1 64 bit I7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50 ghz 16 gig Ram Intel HD graphics, Nividia GE force GTX 850m running Roxio Creator NXT Pro

All has been good, making lots of videos. Today, I made a 40 minute volleyball video. While in the program, we can hear the running commentary of the game from start to finish, as well as the cheers from the crowd, my added sound effects, music, etc. When I rendered this into the video, the first 5 minute all is well, and then the audio simply goes quiet. I re-did it, and re-did it again, once in Archos 4, and again in Creative Zen, to see if there were a difference. Same thing on both renvered videos. The audio just shuts down after 5 minutes at the same spot. Yet, when in the program and doing the edits, the sound is present.

Suggestions on how to correct? I have never heard of this problem before.

THANKS YOU!

IF you open up the Native Audio (VidwoWave - right click - Edit - Native Audio)

Does it look like the audio is normal throughout?

I have heard of this and I think the solution is to pre-render the clip before using it...

Maybe some others will jump in here ;)

What camcorder did you use -- did it give you a mov file type? There is something in that type of mov file where the audio runs very fast so it ends before the video does. Use Video Copy and Convert or another video converter (like Any Video Converter - it will batch convert) to convert the mov files to mpg2 and try adding that to your project.

Thank you DG I will try that. Just weird that the first two clips render with sound, then nothing thereafter. No matter the project. Will using AVC dilute the quality of the clip? Thank you. Oh...what is video copy and convert? Is that on Roxio? (I do have AVC)

Jim the audio looks "normal" in native audio. Curious why it does the first two clips, no matter what, then stops on all later clips.... Never had this issue with my JVC camera.....could be the new HD card I am using I Bet, which happnes to be an older one I used in a Sony Camera and switched it to this one when the JVC HD card got fried, so to speak. Guess I will try a new HD card.

Well I haven't had time to try a brand new HD card yet, so I switched the card back into the Sony camera, reformatted, and took some video. Put the video in Roxio and voila, the first two clips when rendered had the audio, but all subsequent clips were silent. Just like when I used the JVC camera. Funny I never had this issue with either camera before. It certainly points to an HD card issue, but I figure reformatting the card would fix the issue.I will have to wait and see until I get a new HD card. When I convert the clips with AVC to another format, and re-enter the clips into Roxio, everything renders as it should - sound and all. I guess the only issue is I lose some quality in the conversion from one format to another, even when I select AVC to render at high quality. Oh well, guess I need to try the new HD card as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience I need to get down to Costco to pick one up, they are on "sale"this month!

There are a couple of band-aids for this...

First is run the files through a converter. You can choose the same output format we just want it to 'firm up' the digital recording. A couple we use and trust are:

AVS4YOU Converter:

Any Video Converter

Freemake Video Converter:

This would be the best way. The other involves extracting the Audio from the file and adding it in later but then you get into sync issues... :unsure:

Sorry Gentlemen I forgot to come back here to post how to fix this issue for future forum searching members. If you read the thread, after a few minutes of rendering, I Lost all audio. Well, converting the files with converter worked, but it was a pita to do this every time I wanted to make a new video. Plus, you lose some quality when you have to change the file formats. THE FIX???? I obtained a NEW HD CARD for my camera, and voila! No more issues. So the issue wasn't with Roxio (and thanks to the Gurus here they gave me a good "workaround") but all you need to do is buy a new HD card for your video camera and the problem is gone.