• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
ssorelle

Toast 12 Randomly Quitting While Burning Disc

Question

I am having trouble with Toast 12 randomly quitting while authoring data backups. I am writing to 25Gb M-DISC and using an LG Blu-ray recorder/player. The resulting disc is partially useable, but some of the data is not complete. This means I have to burn a new disc and trash the old one. These M-DISCS are almost $5 apiece, so that is an expensive error. Over the past week I have burned about 30 discs and most of them have gone through the whole verification process with no issues, but this has started happening more frequently in the past couple of days. Any thoughts? I am currently using the latest version of Toast 12. Maybe we need an update?

6 answers to this question

Sorry, I don't know what to suggest. I have experienced problems using Toast to burn multiple disc projects and now quit and restart Toast whenever I create a new project. I don't know if that is a common issue or if it happens with the latest Toast 12 update. If quitting and relaunching Toast can be doable for your projects you might give it a try.

Since I installed the 12.1 update to Toast 12, it kept crashing when I tried to burn a HD disc. Is there is a patch for it or a blu-ray plugin?

Since I installed the 12.1 update to Toast 12, it kept crashing when I tried to burn a HD disc. Is there is a patch for it or a blu-ray plugin?

No update beyond 12.1. You can have multiple versions of Toast on your Mac so you might want to copy over an earlier version from a backup, or reinstall. If you rename the existing Toast 12 Titanium folder you will be keeping this version even if you reinstall an earlier version. You also might want to see if trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder stops the crashing. Access the user library by holding down the option key when selecting the Go menu in the Finder.

Main use for me is writing multi-disk data-sets on blu-ray for archival purposes. In 12.0 this never completed successfully. Now, in 12.1 it has worked once, with many, many failures. Usually crashes with memory access violation when verifying the third or fourth disk. Nothing to do with media as I've used several vendors disks

Main use for me is writing multi-disk data-sets on blu-ray for archival purposes. In 12.0 this never completed successfully. Now, in 12.1 it has worked once, with many, many failures. Usually crashes with memory access violation when verifying the third or fourth disk. Nothing to do with media as I've used several vendors disks

See if it helps to turn off verification.