• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Capture Using Windows 10 Preview

hobbzie94

Question

Hi, firstly I know windows 10 is a technical preview and is filled with bugs and that the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro might not be compatible with it however I am wondering if anyone here knows of a way to fox my problem. I have tried recording off my PS3 using both Version 1.0 and Version 2.0 of roxio but i seem to be getting two different problems.

With version 1.0 if i try to record it will begin recording and instantly create a corrupt file which if you try and preview says it cannot be found however says it is capturing (timer and file size don't change).

With version 2.0 when i try to record it will say recording however no file is created and the screen will remain blank however when i stop recording the preview will appear working as normal, also once i stop recording no file is created and the timer and file size don't change same as in version 1.0.

If anyone knows of a way to fix this it would be greatly appreciated however if it is yet to receive an update to be supported then i will just wait until official windows 10 release.

3 answers to this question

You just dashed my hopes! I was hoping Win 10 would be bug free but with the annoyances of Win 8 removed :lol::D:lol:

V 1.0
(with SP's?) Look in the Temp File to see if the Recording file is even started.

Make sure the temp file folder is Valid for your permissions ~ better yet, create a new location and try that.

V 2.0
- Same as above and make sure you do not attempt to capture as MP4! Only use M2TS
;)

In the back of my head the voices are screaming MS, MS, MS :lol: I don't know of any other Win 10 Beta users trying the RGC with it and since it is coming soon it would be good to get a handle on this ahead of time <_<