• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

I really enjoy compiling my audio cd's into a music DVD using NXT-1. I love the fact that I can put the title of the song currently playing and the CD art of the album it is from. My only regret is that NXT-1 does not allow 24bit audio to be imported to the program. I have CD's that are mastered in 24bit and to me it sounds better than 16bit that regular cd's are.

Does NXT 3 pro allow 24bit audio? If not, can we include 24bit audio in future releases.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

So, some clarification is probably in order here. Your 24-bit mastered CDs are just that, mastered in 24-bits. The actual Audio CDs are still 16-bit, assuming they are playable on a standard CD player, because those are the standards for an Audio CD, 16-bit samples, 44,100 samples per second, stereo. That doesn't change. If your CD had 24-bit audio on it, then it would not play on a standard CD player. The key is in the initial phrasing, 24-bit mastered. The final transfer to CD is 16-bit.

For more understanding, this thread here, and the thread it links to are pretty straightforward and informative.

Now, if you get into making a DVD music disc, that does have higher bit depths and sample rates, but I have never played with that.

My bad, you're right SHM-cd's are mastered in 24bit but are still 16bit when ripped from them. I was talking about some audio discs that I have like Queen that are bluray audio that when ripped are 24bit/96khz audio. I have to convert them to 16bit during ripping. I wish the DVD music creator would allow 24bit audio and would allow burning on blu-ray.

Edited by imapcfriend

I've done nothing with DVD music discs. Are you sure it doesn't support 24-bit audio and higher sample rates? I was under the impression from older discussions that it did.

Yes, very sure. I have done more than 20 music DVDs. Very cool, but would be cooler if 24bit audio and bluray is allowed.

Please add these to future releases of Roxio! :) :) :)

This is a user's forum. Unless you find someone with a "ROX_" in front of their name, we don't work for Roxio. You'll have to send an e-mail directly to them to make requests and suggestions.