• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Plug A Component Works On Tv But Not On Capture Card.

Yehbe

Question

This is getting really frustrating. I wasted 16 bucks on an universal component cable, with the five plugs. Everything worked fine, but the product was flimsy and broke too easily, so I bought another one that's sturdier. But now the capture card doesn't get a signal while the TV does. Does anyone know how to help please?

13 answers to this question

So I changed output to AV Muli cable, it works on the TV but again it doesn't work on the roxio, I get a green no signal error. To make the roxio side of things work I put my wii U hdmi in and that worked perfectly. So I'm just going to quit trying other ways and just buy another cable. Thanks for your help guys!

Woop, guess that worked.

I don't know whether it's because I reinstalled the program but first it didn't work but now it does.

I had exactly the same setup and it didn't work, even with the component output to D-terminal. Then I reinstalled and now it works. I guess that's it. Anyways thanks alot!

Yehbe, we need more information about what is and isn't working.

Tell about what you have now, what cables you're using, and what type (Component/HDMI) from where, to where. What gaming device you have (XBox, PS/3/4, etc.)... What error messages you're seeing, and if it's a "No Signal" error, what color is the message?

I tried to look at the signal I got on the Roxio today, I plugged the usb into my pc and I got a blue screen, so I guess I have to resolve that first. But until then I'll post some more details.

I'm trying to record ps3 footage. So I bought an universal component cable which has inputs for ps3 xbox and wii. Here's the link. Everything worked great for a while, until the flimsy protector for the ps3 input broke. I don't know how but it broke, so I decided to buy a stronger one. So I bought this one. And it gave me a red no signal error, even though it works on the TV directly. And lastly I tried with plugging the green color in the green input and the yellow color in the green input didn't change a thing. I have a feeling it's because I have 6 inputs for video, but I have to make sure that it's not that before I throw another 15 bucks on another cable.

Thanks in advance for your help.

No you don't have 6 inputs for Video. I don't read Dutch but from the picture it is a scam. In order to go from HDMI to Component one MUST have some electronics to convert the signals!!! That sort of conversion usually requires a Power Source.

Best Bet? Buy a real PS3 Component Cable from Sony!

Quick test to make sure the RGC is working? - Hook up ANYTHING that has Component output to the RGC and see if it works ;)

Archived