• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

sysexstudio

Toast 12 Titanium, Discs Don't Play - Mac Os Error - 50

Question

I installed Toast 12 Titanium yesterday. I planned on burning a simple Blu-ray Disc Video for an event coming up in a couple of weeks and I hope I can resolve it by then.

1. I keep getting Mac OS error - 50. At random times. Sometimes before I encode, sometimes after encoding and the burn is about to begin. This happens with just creating and burning, or writing a disc image and using the image to burn a disc.

I've zapped the pram several times, repaired disc permissions, erased plist and preference files and re-installed with no change. Sometimes it does work however, but it doesn't work right after trying one of the above.

2. When I am able to burn a disc, it won't play in either my Sony Set-top blu-ray player or my PS3's blu-ray player. The clock starts 00:00:00:00 but never advances. I've tried both Blu-ray Video burned onto BD-Rs and High Definition DVD-VIdeo burned onto DVD-Rs. I tried not reencoding, always reencoding, MPEG-4 and MPEG-2, PCM Audio and Dolby Digital, no menu, a menu. Same results.

Ive spent at least 8-9 hours trouble shooting this and searching the internet and Roxio forums, but nothing seems to match my issues.

Any advice from some Toast experts out there? I'd really appreciate it. :)

--

27" iMac mid-2011, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 (quad core), 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.2,

External Blu-Ray Burner type: Mashita BD-MLT UJ260AF USB2.0, Internal Super Drive type: Optiarc DVD RW AD-5680H

1 answer to this question

Very puzzling. You obviously are good at troubleshooting so I don't know what to suggest. I presume you tried the HD DVD burn using the internal drive from a disc image as well as with the BD drive. If it was just the BD-R drive then I'd suggest checking if there was a firmware update and to try a different brand of discs.

Another thing to try is to choose DVD-Rom (UDF) in the Data window. Select new disc and drag in the contents from the mounted .toast image file. See if that will burn to either media.