Guest Rox-Ralf

Output To Itunes Roxio Nxt 3

Question

Guest Rox-Ralf

Can anyone confirm if Output to iTunes in Creator Audiobook is available in Roxio Creator NXT 3?

It is available on Roxio NXT Pro 2 but seems like removed in Roxio Creator NXT 3.

9 answers to this question

That is not one that I would use but comparing NXT 3 Pro to Creator 2012 Pro - Audiobook Creator, both look about the same.

The only 'Output To' options in both are 'Playlist' or 'MP4 disc'.

Under the Playlist Choices in both Suites, are:

Standard Audiobook Playlist (*.m3u)

Windows Media Player Audiobook Playlist (*.wpl)

Merged Playlist (*.mp3)

Where would one find the 'iTunes' option?

Thanks for the input on this issue. I was the original requester for info via Roxio support.

I have upgraded from 2012 Pro to NXT3, I am a long time Roxio user. After this upgrade I lost the ability to burn audio books directly to iTunes.

Under 2012 Pro and (previous versions) there was an option to move the audio files directly into iTunes without having to have an iPhone or similar device connected. There was an iTunes icon in the "Output to" box along with MP3 and playlist. I have done this for years without having to have a iPod/iPhone connected and have been happily listening to audiobooks on my iPhone/iPod in my car after syncing different books in iTunes that I want to listen to on these devices.

Now after reviewing this forum I have figured out that I have to have a device (iPod/iPhone) connected to my computer and transfer the audio book to the device first then it shows up in iTunes. This works but is a work around to me. The help file even shows that you can output to iTunes or to an iPod/Phone. I do not understand why there was a change.

I am wondering if this is more an iTunes issue since I upgraded to the latest version 12.1.1.4 of iTunes.

Any comments?

I'll revisit this today, time permitting.

I have yet to see an 'improved version' of iTunes that ever had any 'improvements' :P

I really like the the 12 with the missing sidebar :wacko: (you have to click Playlist to see it)

I know this topic hasn't received any updates in awhile but I noticed the exact same thing in Creator NXT Pro 2. Output to itunes disappeared from the options. I guess an itunes update "broke" this feature.

I have not had any success with the Roxio support team on this issue however I have found a workaround in order to get your audio books into iTunes. Previously iTunes would show up as a location where you could send your audio books to however now you have to have a device plugged into your computer for it to transfer the files to the device and to your iTunes library. So I am not sure if this is an Apple issue or a Roxio issue.

Jim Hardin shows the work around on two posts above where you see his device plugged in. (Thanks).. So, you have to have your iPod, iPhone, iPad device plugged into your computer then your device shows up and you pick your device for sending the audio book to and it automatically copies your files to your device and to iTunes for storage.

Hope this helps