AA77

Not Able To Re-Install Roxio Creator & Mydvd 9.0 De

Question

Hi,

I need "Roxio Creator BDAV Plugin" for Windows 7 OS. I got the Installation CD along with my Dell Inspiron 1520 Laptop. Can you please Send me the Link to Download this File?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

24 answers to this question

This is not Roxio support nor is it a sharing site. IF you got an OEM version with your computer, you would have to talk to Dell about the plug in since they had the program modified for their needs.

Sorry.

• Like 1

Hi sknis,

Thanks for your Response. In that Case, I will Contact DELL Folks. But if they ask me to Contact Roxio, then what should I Do? By the way, I have an Issue about burning a .DAT file as VCD. Do I need to Post my Query in Roxio Community > Easy Media Creator Products > Legacy Creator Products > Creator 2009 > Burning Issues?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Edited by AA77

If Dell will not help you , your only recourse is to buy a full commercial product with the features you need. Be firm with Dell support.

A .dat file is not a typical file that you think of; it is a list of instructions that are used to reconstruct a project when you open it (basically a data file). Only the Roxio program that created the .dat file will be able to use it.

Are you sure you have Creator 2009? Typically a OEM from Dell would be something like Creator 9 DE. What do you really have?

Edited by sknis
  • Like 1

Hi sknis,

Thanks for your Response. In that Case, I will Contact DELL Folks. But if they ask me to Contact Roxio, then what should I Do? By the way, I have an Issue about burning a .DAT file as VCD. Do I need to Post my Query in Roxio Community > Easy Media Creator Products > Legacy Creator Products > Creator 2009 > Burning Issues?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Yes, start a new topic and exp0lain exactly what you are trying to do. You can't simply burn a .dat file as VCD.

• Like 1

A VCD is not anything you can just slap together...

Like ALL 'Movie Discs' it has to be properly Authored by video software -_- And they ONLY work on a CD.

SVCD:

post-39730-0-69232100-1426940297_thumb.jpg

VCD:

post-39730-0-68328200-1426940298_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

By the way, I have an Issue about burning a .DAT file as VCD. Do I need to Post my Query in Roxio Community > Easy Media Creator Products > Legacy Creator Products > Creator 2009 > Burning Issues?

Yes, please do.

• Like 1

If Dell will not help you , your only recourse is to buy a full commercial product with the features you need. Be firm with Dell support.

A .dat file is not a typical file that you think of; it is a list of instructions that are used to reconstruct a project when you open it (basically a data file). Only the Roxio program that created the .dat file will be able to use it.

Are you sure you have Creator 2009? Typically a OEM from Dell would be something like Creator 9 DE. What do you really have?

Hi sknis,

Thanks for your Response. Very shortly I will get on Dell's "Live Chat" to ask them about "Roxio Creator BDAV Plugin" for Windows 7 OS. Nope, I do not want to Buy full Commercial Product because the Dell Company has Already provided me Roxio CD while Buying "Dell Inspiron 1520" from them. Okie, I will be Firm with Dell Support.

Thanks for Explaining about .dat file though I did not Understand what does that mean. But no problem.

Hummmmmm... I was Not Sure while Posting this Query. I just took a Guess and Posted my Query in Creator 2009 segment. On the CD it's Written as "Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE". Please see the attached "Pic of CD Cover.jpg" file for your Reference.

Thank you.

post-124410-0-69128200-1427108656_thumb.jpg

Yes, start a new topic and exp0lain exactly what you are trying to do. You can't simply burn a .dat file as VCD.

Hi myguggi,

Thanks for your Response. Where should I Start a New Topic on?

1. Legacy Creator Products > Creator 2009 > Installation/Uninstallation/Update?

OR

2. Legacy Creator Products > Creator 2009 > Burning Issues?

Please let me know. Oh Yup! I know that I simply Can't Burn a .dat file as VCD. Still I Didn't try to Do anything yet. I want to Know how to Burn a .dat file as VCD in a Blank CD so that when I Load the Burned CD in VCD Player, it Plays.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

A VCD is not anything you can just slap together...

Like ALL 'Movie Discs' it has to be properly Authored by video software -_- And they ONLY work on a CD.

SVCD:

post-39730-0-69232100-1426940297_thumb.jpg

VCD:

post-39730-0-68328200-1426940298_thumb.jpg

Hi Jim_Hardin,

Thanks for your Response. LOL :D Yup! I know that a VCD has to be Properly Authored by Video Software :) But how should I Do it in "Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE"? :huh:

Yes, please do.

Hi Brendon,

Thanks for your Response. Okie. I will Post it Shortly.

Thank you.

You have a cut down version (DE) but try Make DVD - Advanced; File; New Project and see what is offered in there ;)

It was in Creator 10 and all those that have followed:

post-39730-0-91809800-1427113261_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi sknis,

Please let me know.

Thank you.

You also should ask Dell if their version is compatible with Win 7?.

You have a cut down version (DE) but try Make DVD - Advanced; File; New Project and see what is offered in there ;)

The same options are in EMC 9, also.

• Like 1

Hi Jim_Hardin,

Thanks for your Response. Few days ago I had Installed "Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE" and then Uninstalled it. But now somehow I am Not able to Re-Install it in-spite of Trying several times to Install it. Can you get into my Screen via Remote Access to Help Me?

Hi sknis,

How are you Doing? Did you get a Chance to Read my Response? I mean, my Response to your Reply? Unfortunately Dell Support did not Help Me :( Few days ago I had Installed "Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE" and then Uninstalled it. But now, somehow I am Not able to Re-Install it in-spite of Trying several times to Install it. Can you get into my Screen via Remote Access to Help Me? Please let me know.

Hi,

Few days ago I had Installed "Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE" in my Laptop and then Uninstalled it. But now, somehow I am Not able to Re-Install it in-spite of Trying several times to Install it. Can someone get into my Screen via Remote Access to Help Me?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

None of us on here do "house Calls"

If you can't re-install from the Dell disc then you have to contact Dell. It is their Disc, and they supply ALL support.

• Like 1

Quick question, have you done any major upgrading of your laptop, or to a new PC that you are trying to install the Dell version of Roxio Creator 9 DE onto? Or is the same laptop and version of Windows that originally came with your installation disc?

• Like 1

None of us on here do "house Calls"

If you can't re-install from the Dell disc then you have to contact Dell. It is their Disc, and they supply ALL support.

Hi ogdens,

Thanks for your Response. I understand what you Mean. But unfortunately Dell did not Help me :( I know You or Someone from this Forum can Certainly Help Me (if You or Someone intend to Help Me).

PLEASE HELP.

Yes, agreed !

Dear Friend sknis,

Finally I for my Topic!... Few days ago I Tried to Contact Dell over Phone but Unfortunately Dell Support did not Help Me :( Can you please Help Me to Resolve my Issue?

PLEASE HELP.

Quick question, have you done any major upgrading of your laptop, or to a new PC that you are trying to install the Dell version of Roxio Creator 9 DE onto? Or is the same laptop and version of Windows that originally came with your installation disc?

Hello d_deweywright,

Thanks a Lot for your Response. It was Windows XP Version when I Took the Laptop. Few years ago I Upgraded to Windows 7 and just Last Month I had Installed Roxio Creator 9 DE and then Uninstalled it. But now I am Not able to Re-Install. Sometime on Saturday OR Sunday can you please Get into my Screen to See the Status?

PLEASE HELP.

Once again, no. None of us here work for Roxio, and we don't do the "remote in" thing.

What is the error message you get when it fails the installation?

While you had it installed under Windows 7, did you actually use it, and did it work okay? It would not surprise me if it failed to install simply because it's tied to the original system and version of Windows.

I don't know about the Dell version of EMC 9, but the retail versions are not compatible with Win 7. They weren't even compatible with Vista until the 9.1 patch came out.

Even if you did get it installed on Win 7, and some programs in the suite worked, it would only be a matter of time when Win 7 would not let any of the suite work.