• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Upgrade From Toast 8 To Toast 12

MJDuffy11

Question

Hi

I have toast 8 installed on an old 2004 Mac. Recently bought a Macbook and DO NOT have 8 installed. I want the latest version of Toast (i.e. 12) installed.

So a few questions arise.

i) Can I buy the upgrade only?

ii) If so will the download of the upgrade be all I need to install on the Macbook?

OR

iii) Will I need to install my version of 8 onto the Macbook before being able to apply the update?

iv) The small problem here is that the Macbook does not have a CD-ROM and I have a physical copy (easily solvable if necessary but hope this is avoidable), also will the latest version of OS X be compatible with this early version?

Thanks in advance for any help..

Michael

6 answers to this question

Toast 12 is a new application and not an update to Toast 8. If you are on Roxio's email list you'll get special promotions that significantly discount the price. I believe the discount for owning a previous version is less than the sale prices they promote.

Hi

I have toast 8 installed on an old 2004 Mac. Recently bought a Macbook and DO NOT have 8 installed. I want the latest version of Toast (i.e. 12) installed.

So a few questions arise.

i) Can I buy the upgrade only?

ii) If so will the download of the upgrade be all I need to install on the Macbook?

OR

iii) Will I need to install my version of 8 onto the Macbook before being able to apply the update?

iv) The small problem here is that the Macbook does not have a CD-ROM and I have a physical copy (easily solvable if necessary but hope this is avoidable), also will the latest version of OS X be compatible with this early version?

Thanks in advance for any help..

Michael

Just to echo what geani said...

Running latest version of Toast 12, latest updates for Yosemite - can't even burn data disks properly

Only install this if you absolutely have to ...

Edited by ItWasNotMe

The small problem here is that the Macbook does not have a CD-ROM and I have a physical copy (easily solvable if necessary but hope this is avoidable), also will the latest version of OS X be compatible with this early version?

I do not know whether Toast 8 still works on MacOS X 10.10, but I can confirm that 10 and 11 do. Toast 12 does NOT WORK AT ALL.

I had now a one week email discussion with ther support dept. where they always suggested to delete preferences, try a fresh user, and all this - but I could not make it work. Unless they provide me with a working version of Toast 12 within short time, this was the last piece of software bought from them.

Christian

• Like 2

Aye, not surprised that they skipped from 12 to 14; guess they're actually superstitious enough to avoid a release number of 13. Out of curiosity, I thought to check Wikipedia to find out when Toast 12 was released; somewhat surprisingly, although the page was "last modified on 28 April 2015, at 12:53", it notes that the "stable release" was considered to be 11.2.0. Granted the page is not likely maintained by anyone at Corel/Roxio, but still somewhat amusing/interesting that... for a product released close to a year ago (based on what appear to be the oldest entries in this forum), the most recent edit from ~2 months ago didn't consider changing the "stable release" to 12.x. The release of 14 now somewhat explains why the bugs in 12 haven't been addressed; seems they've abandoned it and moved on.