Sign in to follow this  
hybridarts

CD Key is not valid. New retail copy.

Question

The pc meets any minimum specs.

I ran uninstall of the older version before I tried into this new retail boxed copy. Also, Nero 7 was installed. I removed that too.

So I get this invalid CD key error.

In the message board, Thomas suggests some solutions but then is quick to put the disclaimer that his solution might mess things up further.

Of course, I don't see anyone else posting a solution.

So, how do we uninstall Roxio Suite 9 COMPLETELY - AND - uninstall any previous version COMPLETE such that the system will take the CD key?

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

I ran uninstall of the older version before I tried into this new retail boxed copy. Also, Nero 7 was installed. I removed that too.

In the message board, Thomas suggests some solutions but then is quick to put the disclaimer that his solution might mess things up further.

So, how do we uninstall Roxio Suite 9 COMPLETELY - AND - uninstall any previous version COMPLETE such that the system will take the CD key?

Thanks.

If you get the message that the key is invalid, I would think it's ok to run the fix for it. The problem is for those who don't get the error message and run the fix.

To uninstall 9 completely, use the control panel, add/remove programs and remove emc9 and Drag to Disc (listed separately). Then reboot and remove all the Roxio folders. Look in c:\Program Files\Roxio and C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Roxio. I also suggest a program like Regseeker to search for all words 'roxio' and delete those keys as well. Then reboot.

Keep in mind that if you have other Roxio version installed, you'll be removing them as well. I'd try the cd key fix first since you're already willing to uninstall.

Thanks.

See this post pinned to the top of this board.