frustratedgirl

Creating A Vcd

Question

Hi, I'm a first time poster on the forum and could really use some help!

First of all, I think RMC is great and I use it all the time.

However, this is the first time I have used the DVD and I want to create a VCD as quick as possible but, of course, (just my luck) it's not working for me.

I've selected the right disc (80minutes - 703MB), I've added a new title (there is just one mpeg file I want to burn) and I've inserted the disc. When I click burn it says the capacity, and the needed capacity and I have enough but when I click burn it says:

error: do not have enough space on disc D://

and It says I need something like 3.2GB free space. But I can't delete anything because this is my dads computer. There is enough space to burn though because the project is only roughly 630MB..

this is really pissing me off and I'm thinking of just getting nero to do it but I'm having trouble downloading it.

Please help!

15 answers to this question

Did you choose the correct Project setting? I don't have the apps in front of me but in one of the menus (in the DVD Builder), there should be one menu where it says about Project settings. You have to choose VCD on that.

:)

Edited by malatekid

Hi, I'm a first time poster on the forum and could really use some help!

First of all, I think RMC is great and I use it all the time.

However, this is the first time I have used the DVD and I want to create a VCD as quick as possible but, of course, (just my luck) it's not working for me.

I've selected the right disc (80minutes - 703MB), I've added a new title (there is just one mpeg file I want to burn) and I've inserted the disc. When I click burn it says the capacity, and the needed capacity and I have enough but when I click burn it says:

error: do not have enough space on disc D://

and It says I need something like 3.2GB free space. But I can't delete anything because this is my dads computer. There is enough space to burn though because the project is only roughly 630MB..

this is really pissing me off and I'm thinking of just getting nero to do it but I'm having trouble downloading it.

Please help!

The size of that file means nothing. It is the length, in time, that controls. How long is that MPEG?

Hi,

I chose the right project setting I think.

The length of the MPEG is 1:00:32 (1 hour and 32secs)

The disc I inserted can hole 80 minutes so it should work..

Even if you have the settings correct, meaning it's set to VCD, it's not going to work.

The 80 min noted on the CD disc references approx 80 min of audio for an audio cd. It means nothing when it comes to a video cd. (1 hour 32 secs btw is more than 80 mins. It would be 92 mins)

For a VCD project, you will only be able to get maybe 40 - 45 min on a cd disc, so if you want to put these on cd as vcd's, you'll need to split it into 2 projects and burn to 2 discs, like a part 1 & part2.

Edited by lbissonette

aw that sucks...arrrrrrghhhhhhh!

Thanks for replying though! It says in the little bar below though, that it has an estimated free space of 71.6MB

damnit

would I be able to burn this MPEG onto a normal dvd then?

Edited by frustratedgirl

Even if you have the settings correct, meaning it's set to VCD, it's not going to work.

The 80 min noted on the CD disc references approx 80 min of audio for an audio cd. It means nothing when it comes to a video cd. (1 hour 32 secs btw is more than 80 mins. It would be 92 mins)

For a VCD project, you will only be able to get maybe 40 - 45 min on a cd disc, so if you want to put these on cd as vcd's, you'll need to split it into 2 projects and burn to 2 discs, like a part 1 & part2.

I recently created a DVD and VCD using the same project. The project consists of video clips that runs for about 1 hour 15 min, and picture slideshow (more than 300 pictures on highest possible resolution from a digital camera) with music that runs for about 40 minutes. The total time is almost 2 hours (short of about 5 minutes). I burned the project as an image file (ISO) and that file size is almost 7 GB (yes, gigabytes). That's for the DVD version.

As I need a VCD version of the same project (for my relatives in Asia), I thought I would need about 7 to 8 CDs to burn the same project. Lo and behold, when I just split the original project into 2 parts and burned each part as VCD, the combined file size of the two image file is only about 1 GB. So I ended up having two VCDs only. Each VCD runs for about 1 hour each. :)

PS: For the DVD, I used an 8.5 gb Double layer DVD as I would like to have the best quality.

Edited by malatekid

aw that sucks...arrrrrrghhhhhhh!

Thanks for replying though! It says in the little bar below though, that it has an estimated free space of 71.6MB

damnit

would I be able to burn this MPEG onto a normal dvd then?

First, looking back at the posts, I was incorrect about the total time on your production, as i read it wrong. It would be 60 mins, 32 secs.

You could burn it to a dvd if you have a dvd burner.

Before going down that road tho, when you look at that "free space" little bar, just to the left of it should be a box labeled "Disc size". What does it have listed?

First, looking back at the posts, I was incorrect about the total time on your production, as i read it wrong. It would be 60 mins, 32 secs.

You could burn it to a dvd if you have a dvd burner.

Before going down that road tho, when you look at that "free space" little bar, just to the left of it should be a box labeled "Disc size". What does it have listed?

Well, when I was trying to create a VCD it had 4 options, I tried both:

75min (650MB)

and

80min (703MB)

I have a dvd burner do I think I'll try that! Thanks for all your help! It means a lot to me

Well, when I was trying to create a VCD it had 4 options, I tried both:

75min (650MB)

and

80min (703MB)

I have a dvd burner do I think I'll try that! Thanks for all your help! It means a lot to me

What was the disc you inserted one that matched either of those? Did it match the one selected at the time?

What was the disc you inserted one that matched either of those? Did it match the one selected at the time?

yuuup.

I put in an 80minute disc whilst choosing the 80 min (704MB) option. Then I mixed and matched and tried every possible setting! :)

A dvd is the best thing to do...

yuuup.

I put in an 80minute disc whilst choosing the 80 min (704MB) option. Then I mixed and matched and tried every possible setting! :)

A dvd is the best thing to do...

Tried setting up a quick vcd of the same length as yours and I didn't encouter any problems when trying to burn. Strange that yours didn't work. Just curious, if you go to Help->About in dvd builder, what is the version build number it shows?

You will be much happier with a DVD tho. The quality will be markedly better.

Tried setting up a quick vcd of the same length as yours and I didn't encouter any problems when trying to burn. Strange that yours didn't work. Just curious, if you go to Help->About in dvd builder, what is the version build number it shows?

You will be much happier with a DVD tho. The quality will be markedly better.

It's RMC 7. (Build 7.1.1.215 ENU)

I hope creating the dvd will work..

It's RMC 7. (Build 7.1.1.215 ENU)

I hope creating the dvd will work..

That looks like either a downloaded purchased version, or one that came with a burner drive. Which is it by chance?

Hopefully a dvd project will work for you. You may want to try using an RW disc at first, just in case you have any problems. That can always be erased if it doesn't work out right.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Cool!

Can anyone answer me this; will it work properly if I put the one MPEG file onto a dvd using RMC?

Please help, I'd like to get this done tonight!

Answer is… Maybe???

A few Players can play an mpeg file but most cannot.