Audio Cds Won't Cue Up

Ancestxor

Question

The Audio CDs I am burning from privately recorded tapes play correctly on the computer, from the internal drive and an external burner/player. But they do not cue up correctly on my Hi-fi CD player. A commercial CD is immediately registered and the display shows "Track No. O1" The Toast disks will not register; The machine seems to be trying to find the track information, but can't. Skipping forward, the disk will play, but not from the beginning of the first track.

Obviously something is missing in the initial encoding of the disk, perhaps in the "lead-in". Is there some setting in the menus that is important to control this? What is the problem and how to fix it?

3 answers to this question

Some Hi-Fi CD players don't like burned CDs, vs. pressed commercial CDs.

The strength of the returned signal from a pressed CD is a great many times stronger than that from a burned disc, and while all CD drives and most players are adjusted to handle both, some of the older players have difficulties with burned media.

I think your player is a little less sensitive, and is having problems getting enough signal. If the disc was wrongly structured it would not play at all. There are no menu settings that will help this.

Regards,

Brendon

When I burn Audio CDs by TOAST 11 & 12, I found some errors.

I guess 11 & 12 has a lot of trouble to handle Audio.

Some disc can't be played smoothly.

When exporting audio image file, some track became silence.

(sure burning disc too)

Every trouble is clear at TOAST 10.

I am using Pioneer's XD-04 drive with MacBookAir, OSX 10.9.5.

I don't know the new 14.

TRY TOAST 10 if you have it.

It is safety to burn AUDIO CD.

OR Report this issue to SUPPORT of ROXIO in your country.

Another easy thing to try is a couple different brands of discs. Some disc/writer/player combinations simply don't work well, and the easiest thing to change is the disc that you're using. Get a few different brands (Verbatim have historically worked well, Memorex have historically been less reliable) and see if they make any difference.

Also, make sure you're using CD-R and not CD-RW discs.