• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Missing Features

Jake72

I just got the VHS to DVD 3 Plus, Box and CD label say PLUS but the disc in the PC and when the program starts it says VHS to DVD 3, and all I can do is record and burn or save video, did I get the wrong Disc, I don't have the features that come with the PLUS?

The Program Title will say 'Plus' in it when you look at the screen.

The box, disc, packing, et al are created by a machine in one pass and it is extremely unlikely the wrong disc got into your box.

If you bought an Open box then it could happen and you need to exchange it with the store or purchase site.

How do I get those features I don't see them anywhere in the edit tab

Jake, why not respond to Jim's comments? When you opened the program, did you see the "Plus"? Did you but a boxed version first or second hand ? What do you think you are missing?

Upgrade to Easy VHS to DVD Plus Easy VHS to DVD Plus includes these additional features:

■ Video noise reduction

■ Basic and advanced video stabilization

■ Basic and advanced color correction

■ Transitions and rolling credits

■ Split movies too big to fit on one DVD

Just in case: How to upgrade

When you purchase an upgrade, a product key is emailed to you. Enter the key to unlock all the features of Easy VHS to DVD Plus. To upgrade, select Support > Upgrade to Easy VHS to DVD Plus. If a User Account Control message appears, click Yes to continue.

What don't you have or can't you find in this list (link). Be specific. Did you look at the guide (here)?

Actually it would be difficult to buy a new copy of the old "non-plus" version since it was out for a relatively short time.

How do I get those features I don't see them anywhere in the edit tab

Click help about this software and list name a build number please?

Where did you buy he software?

Was the boxed sealed?

I bought this from Roxio website when I check for updates it says no updatesfor Easy VHS to DVD 3 Build 301183A VH3 then Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus Build 301B83A ENU

oh and the title that appears on the screen at open dose not say PLUS but plus is in the upper left hand corner

I bought this from Roxio website when I check for updates it says no updatesfor Easy VHS to DVD 3 Build 301183A VH3 then Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus Build 301B83A ENU

oh and the title that appears on the screen at open dose not say PLUS but plus is in the upper left hand corner

So how does your differ from the pics I post, be specific?

Don't go by my version number because I booted to a older version not update.

post-97-0-52176700-1428456291_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-74623300-1428456290_thumb.jpg

Mine looks the same but I can't edit with fades, Titles, Stability, Video noise and color correction.

Did you look at and read the User Guide? Did you enter the key IF you bought the upgrade?

Mine looks the same but I can't edit with fades, Titles, Stability, Video noise and color correction.

You seem reluctant to provide anything beyond the barest of information...

Show us a screen cap or 2 of a project in the Edit Screen - info http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/110654-please-help-me-about-the-new-update/#entry501107

Then we will know for sure and be able to help you ;)

OK I found the video enhancement tab but my question is now I cab add a title at the beginning bit not at the end or and fades between title and movie.

In the screen you show, it calls it "Title" but it is really a Text Overlay and it is placed at the beginning of the clip you have selected.

Other 'enhancements' fading, color correction etc. are under the Enhancement tab to the right.

I think you want to have Menu Button at the beginning of your Movie??? That, along with Fades is done in the next step, Export.

We have no control over the Menu buttons! If you choose 'menu' you will get One Button for each Clip in your project! - - - there are a few choices of button style and it will mention "Chapter Buttons" but other than the main button style, there are NO Chapters in EVD!

Fades can ONLY occur between clips! In EVD you cannot have a fade at the beginning or very end. (can be done in the NXT Suites but as they are Full Editors, there are a lot more things available)

It is a Simple, thus limited, program and you have to work within its' limitations, not what you think you want to do -_-

And think about this, most newcomers to Video have all sorts of grand ideas about a production. But in the end, people will only remember the Video and not the cute menus ;)

• 4 months later...

I have just purchased the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Plus software. I read the above thread, and on About this Software, the number is Build: 301B83A VH3. In the upper left corner it says Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Plus. I have not had any trouble getting the video to record. After recording an entire video from a Hi 8 film, when I wanted to burn it to DVD, the Burn button was not active. After researching, I realized I needed to split the video so it would fit on the DVD. I downloaded the PDF file Getting Started Guide. I cannot find the Link button, or the Split Movie button that are referenced in the Guide. Also, I am not sure exactly how to edit the video to eliminate unwanted long periods of footage. I purchased this software because I read that it was easy to do so, and have only been frustrated not being able to figure out how to do so. :wacko: I would love a more comprehensive instruction manual than the Getting Started Guide. Is there one available?

Archived