Viking48225

Sonic Digital Media v7

Question

Can you help with my problemtrying to copy and burn a DL DVD. Here is my error message:

There was a problem reading data fast enough to your recorder. Click retry to have Sonic Digital Media v7

try to recover from this error. I keep getting this same error with every new blank disc.

Sense:05 ASC:21 ASCQ:00 (Command 2A)

Px.dll: 2.8.65.502

pxdrv.dll: 1.1.79.0

PxMas.dll: 2.8.65.502

PxSFS.DLL: 2.8.65.500

PxWave.dll: 2.8.65.502

pxwma.dll: 1.0.03

2 answers to this question

There was a problem reading data fast enough to your recorder.

That would indicate that your system can't get the data to your recorder fast enough to keep the recorder's buffer from emptying, and you're having buffer underruns.

Burners can usually recover from sporadic underruns, but if they are constantly starved of data they have big problems. They can't handle a continual underrun.

To fix this you need to either speed up the rate the system can deliver data, or slow down the rate the burner uses it, or a combination of both of these.

To speed up and stabilize the data rate

-reboot before you burn a disc

-defrag the hard drive so it doesn't get delayed picking up lots of small pieces of files. Empty the temp files and caches first

-write your disc as an image to the hard drive first, and burn from that image

-stop other programs (anti-virus etc) from running while you're burning

-faster computer

-faster hard drive

To slow the burner

-burn at a slower speed. set a nominated speed instead of just maximum.

Another big fix for issues like these is to update your firmware for the drive. I'm always amazed at the difference it makes some times.

You might also want to try some other media, not all media agrees with all drives. You can find some recommended media for your drive here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters