Sign in to follow this  
Oldbridge

IE7 out by Yahoo, it works

Question

www.betanews.com offers the Yahoo IE7 final browser. Why they roll-it out before MS, I don't know but it's version 7.0.5730.11IC. Once loaded to make it bloatfree just go to control panel, add/remove programms and remove the yahoo bar (usually the last entry). It's best to uninstall the old IE7 RC before installing. Had to do it twice because first it installed IE6 again but then re-installing, it installed the new version.

Roxio home button then works and brings you right away to the registration screen which it didn't do before.

5 answers to this question

www.betanews.com offers the Yahoo IE7 final browser. Why they roll-it out before MS, I don't know but it's version 7.0.5730.11IC. Once loaded to make it bloatfree just go to control panel, add/remove programms and remove the yahoo bar (usually the last entry). It's best to uninstall the old IE7 RC before installing. Had to do it twice because first it installed IE6 again but then re-installing, it installed the new version.

Roxio home button then works and brings you right away to the registration screen which it didn't do before.

I too wonder why Yahoo has it before MS released it. Maybe $$$. Is the only difference the fact that it chokes you with a Yahoo toolbar?

See no difference once the Yahoo toolbar has been removed. MS most probably with release within the next 2 days but I prefer to have this issue with the incompatibility with IE7 beta resolved. Obviously you need also to change your home page and select another search engine than Yahoo. Both things easily accomplished under the Tools, Internet option menu.

.....I prefer to have this issue with the incompatibility with IE7 beta resolved.

Oldbridge - That's good news "IF" they've resolved the incompatibility issue. Some of us, however, found we could run both programs if we reverted to IE6 before installing EMC9. Once EMC9, and CinePlayer, registered it was possible to re-install IE7 RC-1 and use both programs. By any chance, had you installed and registered EMC prior to installing the Yahoo IE7? If so, you wouldn't have experienced the incompatibility problem, but it may still exist for those folks who haven't yet installed EMC9. Good luck. - Dave

Edited by RVdave