How Do You Make The Menus Run In Order One After The Other?

leecrystal

Question

9 answers to this question

I see that others have had the same problem of getting their videos to playing one after another in sequence. I noted the method you mentioned to get the required result, BUT I have one very irritating problem. Although I select multiple files, only the 1st one is added! The fact that multiple files are selected is verified on the bar between "File name" and the file/thumbnail listing - shows number of files selected and total size. This is very irritating and takes a long to add multiple files....lots of baby sitting.

I spent hours trying to get the files to play one after another....and still can not go from scene to scene with the remote button....only back to the beginning.

Considering I am a person that people go to for help on their PC's, I can only say that "EASY" media creator is a misnomer!

Jim

If you have imported more than one video and there is a button for each on the menu, there is no way to play them 'in order one after the other'. If you want a 'Play ALL' and a 'Scenes' button, there are two ways to do it.

Assuming you already have the videos in separate clips:

Start MyDVD

Double check the settings and set as needed

Click on ADD VIDEO/IMAGES

Here's the tricky part -- When Media Manager opens, highlight ALL of the clips. You can select more than one my holding the COTNROL key and clicking once on each file. Then click OPEN.

This adds all of the files under ONE BUTTON. Rename this button to 'Play All'. Click on the button and copy to clipboard. Paste it back. It will on top of the other one. Click on it and drag to move it. Rename this one 'Scenes'. Right click on it and detect scenes or mark them manually.

Done.

If for some reason the clips did not import in the correct order, you can Click on EDIT MOVIE to put them in the correct order.

The second method just starts out with a Videowave project. Add all the clips in the correct order. Save project and then Go to MyDVD. Import that Videowave Project and follow same instructions.

I have one very irritating problem. Although I select multiple files, only the 1st one is added!

They ARE ADDED in sequence as one title. Everytime you hit the ADD VIDEO/IMAGE, you are creating ONE BUTTON. If you add more than one file, they will all be added and played in sequence from THAT BUTTON.

If you want separate buttons, then you must add the files separately.

and still can not go from scene to scene

Don't confuse titles with scenes/chapters.

From the MAIN MENU when you add a file(s) it creates a BUTTON that plays that file(s). If you want to skip to certain parts of that file during playback, you must define the 'chapter' marks by right clicking on the button and EDIT CHAPTERS.

At the moment, there is no way to skip from Title to Title. Each title will return to the main menu when it finishes.

Some people want each title to return to menu

and some people prefer to play straight through. LOL

I think MyDVD follows most of the conventions of a commercial DVD. For instance, when you skip to a scene fo viewing , it does NOT return to menu, but continues playing the movie from that point. MyDVD does the samething when you mark chapters.

The only way to Return TO MENU is to create a separate button which MyDVD would consider a separate title or movie.

NOTE: new login....used registration login and had email address exposed!!!

Thanks for your to the point reply. Yes, you are so correct, I didn't preview and see that that was the case, the movie clips were there under the first files name. I used the automatic chapter/scene detection and it worked OK. Is there a way to make the chapter points start at the beginning of each file?.....never mind, I answered that by trying "at start of every panel" for scene selection.....hey, that's intuitive, panel=movie file!!

quote name='ggrussell' date='Feb 2 2006, 07:01 PM' post='8788']

They ARE ADDED in sequence as one title. Everytime you hit the ADD VIDEO/IMAGE, you are creating ONE BUTTON. If you add more than one file, they will all be added and played in sequence from THAT BUTTON.

If you want separate buttons, then you must add the files separately.

Don't confuse titles with scenes/chapters.

I'll try not to, but that has been a MAJOR source of problems with getting things right. Is there a good source/tutorial that explains titles, scenes and chapters?? That would help remove the CONFUSION factor.

From the MAIN MENU when you add a file(s) it creates a BUTTON that plays that file(s). If you want to skip to certain parts of that file during playback, you must define the 'chapter' marks by right clicking on the button and EDIT CHAPTERS.

At the moment, there is no way to skip from Title to Title. Each title will return to the main menu when it finishes.

If you have imported more than one video and there is a button for each on the menu, there is no way to play them 'in order one after the other'. If you want a 'Play ALL' and a 'Scenes' button, there are two ways to do it.

Assuming you already have the videos in separate clips:

Start MyDVD

Double check the settings and set as needed

Click on ADD VIDEO/IMAGES

Here's the tricky part -- When Media Manager opens, highlight ALL of the clips. You can select more than one my holding the COTNROL key and clicking once on each file. Then click OPEN.

This adds all of the files under ONE BUTTON. Rename this button to 'Play All'. Click on the button and copy to clipboard. Paste it back. It will on top of the other one. Click on it and drag to move it. Rename this one 'Scenes'. Right click on it and detect scenes or mark them manually.

Done.

If for some reason the clips did not import in the correct order, you can Click on EDIT MOVIE to put them in the correct order.

The second method just starts out with a Videowave project. Add all the clips in the correct order. Save project and then Go to MyDVD. Import that Videowave Project and follow same instructions.

Some people want each title to return to menu

and some people prefer to play straight through. LOL

Yes with previous releases one could make those choices much easier how you want it to play.

Hey Roxio. Put the return to menu feature back. :)

But ggrussell thanks loads for your methods. :huh:

That has not changed from Version 7.

Well from what I'm talking about it has changed. For a birthday party I tape video and take still photos. For the photos I create a slideshow. I then create two buttons. One called Video and one called Pictures. When one first puts DVD in they have a choice of watching video or picture slideshow. Now if you choose video first the video plays first then at the end goes directly to slideshow. Thats the way I set it up. But you could also have it return to menu after video. You had a choice. I think it was under Video Preferences. Then Menu Playback Navigation. There you could choose Play Next Title or Go Back to Menu. I know it was in 6.0 as such as I have a computer that still has 6.0. I would have to put 7.0 back on a computer to give the exact path to the same thing. I have yet to find this in EMC 8 MyDVD. If you know where it is let me know.

So maybe I should have said Roxio put back the Menu Playback Navigation feature or option. :)

Archived