I Am Impressed.

leecrystal

Question

I'll admit it.

Even though I have had lots of problems I was able to create a DVD with this version.

Granted I had to work around the bugs I have found. I was not able to get it exactly the way I would want it.

1. Thumbnail not letting me select exactly where I want it to be in the video.

2. Length of text limit in scrolling text. (Run time error after patch.)

The video quality was great. :)

I used my DL and let it auto fit. (Even though you can't see exactly what the settings are then.)

I was surprised it came out so well for about 2+ hours of video.

If they get the bugs worked out of this thing and add some of the things from previous versions it might turn out to be a good tool. :huh:

7 answers to this question

Hey leecrystal,

Good for you.... i wish you luck..... :huh::D:D

I agree, it is nice when people take the time to post positive information. It isn't that it isn't out there, just not communicated. Thanks leecrystal for the upbeat reply. :)

I'll admit it.

Even though I have had lots of problems I was able to create a DVD with this version.

Granted I had to work around the bugs I have found. I was not able to get it exactly the way I would want it.

1. Thumbnail not letting me select exactly where I want it to be in the video.

2. Length of text limit in scrolling text. (Run time error after patch.)

The video quality was great. :)

I used my DL and let it auto fit. (Even though you can't see exactly what the settings are then.)

I was surprised it came out so well for about 2+ hours of video.

If they get the bugs worked out of this thing and add some of the things from previous versions it might turn out to be a good tool. :huh:

Good to hear!

Hang in there Lee, they will continue to evolve this package and you might want to get into the Beta testing for the next version??? Don't know when, I suspect the program teams are still panting from V8!

I wish more people here would post there positive storys, so that the few that continuly bag this product know that a very large group arround the world have no issues and that the product was worth there purchase.

Im sure half the issues peole have with the products are that they dont understand then or cannot work them out after using an older version.

Keep trying leecrystal, it gets better the more you work out the cool settings on the product.

Hi jsmp01,

Dont take this the wrong way but there are a few facts you need to understand before making comments like that.... (jsmp01 said: But why realise a half finished untested program?)

Ok firstly there ware a large group of testers that worked hard to ring the heck out of this product, and to try to find as many issues as posable, these testers were from all parts of the world and they all put in a stagering amount of hours and there time on this product.

Secondly NO software vendor can cover EVERY driver and hardware and software makers product, not Roxio or Nero or Microsoft, there will ALLWAYS be issues on computers as video and audio drivers get made, also the service packs on every computer in the world would be diferent as well, and lets not even go into how buggy Microsofts Services packs can be and have been over the years...

Fact: No software maker can make Hardware or software makers conform there software to run the way they want it to for there product.

3rd Point , is the items like Virus, spyware can have majour afects on any software (even if it has been removed of that computer) and this in its self is a large factor.

4th point... and its a simple one, go have a look on any board for a product (ie: nero, pinical software, microsoft, ect ect?)

they all have the same issues.

For every 1 user that has an issue or a problim with the product , there are 1,000 that dont, it's just the we only get to see the complaints here and not the good storys..

If you have an issue, Post it , dont bag a product that may not have worked for you, do somthing about it, ask someone to help you, or get in contact with there support.

Sorry to be hard here but it sort of gets lame after a wile when people make that sort of comments when they dont even have the facts first.

POST.... POST......... POST ......ASK QUESTIONS?????

When I first started posting on here I was very upset. Most that first come here will be. They think they got ripped off and want something done about it.

Heck I would have been happy if Roxio would have just replied to my web tickets with a simple "We are looking into the matter."

Most of my issues seemed to have started with the update 8.0.5.

After that things that did work before didn't anymore.

I recently resolved my issue with un-installing 7.

I'm going to un-install it and 8 then add 8 again to see it this might fix things. These programs do have a shared dll folder.

I think if we all try to find solutions and work arounds and post them here life would be much better.

I'm going to try to do what I can too. :)

Archived