Sign in to follow this  
sandy76

Playback issues

Question

I have just installed EMC 9, captured a DV tape (message that "MPEG2 codec needs to be loaded) and then burned to dvd. Now the dvd will not play in any standalone player other than on the burning computer. Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

I have just installed EMC 9, captured a DV tape (message that "MPEG2 codec needs to be loaded) and then burned to dvd. Now the dvd will not play in any standalone player other than on the burning computer. Any ideas?

Yup, your standalones don't like the media you used. If it plays on your computer, then the burn was good. Try a different brand/type of media. Hopefully, it will work for you.

Also, did you click Ok to activate the MPEG 2 codec? I hope you did.

Edited by grandpabruce

Yup, your standalones don't like the media you used. If it plays on your computer, then the burn was good. Try a different brand/type of media. Hopefully, it will work for you.

Could this be as simple as just creating a PAL DVD and trying to play it in an NTSC player? (I don't have EMC9 handy while writing this so can't remember whether it offers the PAL/NTSC choice when you create a project.)

I would guess the software players might play the PAL version where a standalone might not.