Dvd Main Menu Page

tihso

Question

I don't want to push my luck with asking questions but I'll do it anyway.

First I must tell you that I have been using EMC7 for about a year and love it. I do mostly slide shows (to DVD) have have done some things that I think are rather professional looking considering my level of expertise.

One thing that always stumps me though is how I could get the thumbnail off the main page as I think it looks rather crappy with the background pix that I choose to install. For that matther I would like to remove the word Menu off the page as well. The production would just look better on the opening page with nothing or the instruction to "push play". I have added the chapters on the following pages for one to choose from.

Instructions overall are rather sketchy on handling the menu/chapter process. Does EMC8 address any of these issues?

I am reluctant to upgrade as I have some proficiency with EMC7 and don't want to encounter a mess of problems usually associated with any new s/w issue.

OK,OK one more thing. Is there a way to encrypt the DVD's with EMC7 that I burn to prevent copying by others?

Thanx

tihso

4 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley
One thing that always stumps me though is how I could get the thumbnail off the main page as I think it looks rather crappy with the background pix that I choose to install.

For that matther I would like to remove the word Menu off the page as well. The production would just look better on the opening page with nothing or the instruction to "push play". I have added the chapters on the following pages for one to choose from.

OK,OK one more thing. Is there a way to encrypt the DVD's with EMC7 that I burn to prevent copying by others?

Thanx

tihso

Questions are always welcome. That's how we all learn the tips and tricks. :)

You can delete the MENU at the top of the page by highlighting the text and pressing the spacebar. (Spaces won't show up on the menu)

For the thumbnail, you have a couple of choices. If you deselect the 'snap to grid' option, you can stretch the thumbnail in any direction. So you could make the thumbnail long and thin. Then in PhotoSuite, you could make a picture that says "push play'. By right clicking on the thumbnail, you can then select the picture that you just made to display instead of the thumbnail.

No, EMC7 doesn't put protection on the DVD to prevent copying. There are programs to do that, however.

I hope that was clear.

Questions are always welcome. That's how we all learn the tips and tricks. :)

You can delete the MENU at the top of the page by highlighting the text and pressing the spacebar. (Spaces won't show up on the menu)

For the thumbnail, you have a couple of choices. If you deselect the 'snap to grid' option, you can stretch the thumbnail in any direction. So you could make the thumbnail long and thin. Then in PhotoSuite, you could make a picture that says "push play'. By right clicking on the thumbnail, you can then select the picture that you just made to display instead of the thumbnail.

No, EMC7 doesn't put protection on the DVD to prevent copying. There are programs to do that, however.

I hope that was clear.

Thanx again ML.

I read the message board a lot and have solved many problems by doing that. I appreciate your help.

tihso

Boy ml, I see a lot of my old forum questions starting to re-appear on this new forum. Getting rid of the MENU at the top of the page by hitting the space bar I didn't know about. However, back when you were the one that suggested that all I had to do was double clik on the menu (The lettering turns all yellow) and then hit the delete key and click on any blank space on the menu and it's gone.. That has always worked for me and that's the way I still do it. The same trick can be accomplished with the little su-title that is under the thumb nail picture as far as getting rid of the entire box.

My old forum question also was how to completely get rid of the thumb nail picture. You can change it to some other picture, move it around, move it to an area of the menu where the TV won't see it or just compress it to where it is just a little black dot, but you can't delete it altogether. So what has worked for me is to place a text slide as the first slide when I do a production in VideoWave. Then that is what the thumb nail picture turns out to be in the DVD Builder picture. The only thing I am not able to do is get it better focused. It always looks a liottle out of focus for some reason.

Using the suggestion to change the main menu by using NotePad and doing the Copy/Paste is another way to get more lines on the main menu.

Hope that makes sense.

Frank.........

Guest mlpasley

Thanks, Frank. I forgot about the backspace trick, etc. Must be getting old.... :)

The text slide as the first one in VideoWave works for me too. The alternative is to make a text, .jpg file, and change the thumbnail to that picture. I don't see either method as 'better', just different.

As to the out of focus, this may not help, but sometimes creating a very thin 'border' either in the same color as the text or the same color as the background MAY help. No guarantees though.

Archived