Cd Engine Updater 6.63e

brfab67

Hello,

When I click to check for updates, I get a window telling me I need to download CD Engine 6.63e. When I

click to start the download the window stays at 2% and there is no evidence a download is taking place. How can I get the update? I don't see it anywhere on the site.

Larry

Hello,

When I click to check for updates, I get a window telling me I need to download CD Engine 6.63e. When I

click to start the download the window stays at 2% and there is no evidence a download is taking place. How can I get the update? I don't see it anywhere on the site.

Larry

It would appear you have a OEM version of Roxio (this means your software either came free with your burner or your computer).

Roxio's Basic update starts with 6.1,xxx and the retail Platinum is 6.2.xxx, so you should contact the OEM that supplied you with the software.

It would appear you have a OEM version of Roxio (this means your software either came free with your burner or your computer).

Roxio's Basic update starts with 6.1,xxx and the retail Platinum is 6.2.xxx, so you should contact the OEM that supplied you with the software.

I've got the same problem - however it is with a Roxio boxed product just purchased from Best Buy

and not an OEM install.

I have the exact same issue as Larry. The updater gets to 2% and then just stops. It doesnt matter how long you wait it will never happen. I disabled firewall and antivirus program and tried again but that didn't do the trick either. BTW, my copy was purchased at a local Walmart on 1/22. I thought I would try to just download the patch from roxio.com, but it is not on the support web site.

I have the exact same issue as Larry. The updater gets to 2% and then just stops. It doesnt matter how long you wait it will never happen. I disabled firewall and antivirus program and tried again but that didn't do the trick either. BTW, my copy was purchased at a local Walmart on 1/22. I thought I would try to just download the patch from roxio.com, but it is not on the support web site.

I'd suggest you read the FREQUENT ANSWERS post at the top of the postings, and come back with enough information for us to be able to make an educated guess.

Lynn

The download problem is the same, but that's it, as you have a Platinum version not a Basic/OEM one.

The auto updates not working seems to have been more of a problem especially since XP SP2 came out. Don't know why, as I never had problems with it. But since it's not working for you, than download them manually. Updates are not located under the Support section, they are found by using the Software Updates link on the left. Make sure in your case, you select the ones for Platinum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I also get the stuck on the 2% when trying to load the updates.

My CD was purchased off the net through Roxio as the version i got with the computer was outdated.

So seems the problem is with purchased versions as well as free.

Hope they will fix this as it is frustrating.

How many of us have the XP SP2 like Digital Guru maybe there is a link

I know it is not part of the subject,

Could i please ask how you get your pictures on the left hand side with your name as cannot find where to do this .

Go to the My Controls link at the top of the page. then go to the Edit Avatar Settings under Personal Profile in the Menu section on the left. Then you can pick one form the many lists of built in ones, or link to one on the web if you know a url address for one.

Hi

I also get the stuck on the 2% when trying to load the updates.

My CD was purchased off the net through Roxio as the version i got with the computer was outdated.

So seems the problem is with purchased versions as well as free.

Hope they will fix this as it is frustrating.

How many of us have the XP SP2 like Digital Guru maybe there is a link

Did you try going to the Software Updates on the left side of this page.

Go to the My Controls link at the top of the page. then go to the Edit Avatar Settings under Personal Profile in the Menu section on the left. Then you can pick one form the many lists of built in ones, or link to one on the web if you know a url address for one.

Thanks for that, off to do it right now

• 3 weeks later...

I, too am having the same problem as everyone else. I've been running version 6.0.0.171 for quite a while, but it seems a bit sluggish, and freezes when I try to archive photoalbums. This is a box item, not OEM, so I tried the updates. I got the same freeze at the update screen, so I manually downloaded all of the updates from the support page. I was able to successfully update the Engine, but when I try to install any of the other updates (creator, dvd, etc.) I get an error saying that the update utility has been cancelled because there are no qualified Roxio products that can be detected. I have tried running the updates from within the program (advanced configuation) but get the same error......I am running XP Home SP2

Thanks

Hi There

I have also tried to update from the site with the same message. Have given up trying.

I think with all the replies regarding problems updating, someone from Roxio should find a solution and post it.

Although it is a good program - if not careful it could get to the stage if people cannot get the updates promised for paid versions or OEM they will start looking for software that promises and delivers.

Excellent choice. :)

Thanks.

Love the guy in the computer, that is how my Hubby sees me whenever i am on one.

I, too am having the same problem as everyone else. I've been running version 6.0.0.171 for quite a while, but it seems a bit sluggish, and freezes when I try to archive photoalbums. This is a box item, not OEM, so I tried the updates. I got the same freeze at the update screen, so I manually downloaded all of the updates from the support page. I was able to successfully update the Engine, but when I try to install any of the other updates (creator, dvd, etc.) I get an error saying that the update utility has been cancelled because there are no qualified Roxio products that can be detected. I have tried running the updates from within the program (advanced configuation) but get the same error......I am running XP Home SP2

Thanks

I see two flags in there -

Since Basic is 6.1.xxx and Platinum is 6.2.xxx, I'm not sure what a 6.0.xxx would be unless it is an OEM Version considting of ECDC 5 plus portions of 6.

I'm not as familiar with V.6 as ECDC 5, but I know SP2 tends to "break" V.5, especially if applied after Roxio rather than before.

It is possible you have some kind of Basic edition, which would respond to the Basisc updats (at the BOTTOM) of the page, but not recognize the Platinum updates (which is what I think you downloaded).

You might also check the ECDC 5 board for the pinned topic ECDC 5 vs WinXP SP2, for instructions to get ECDC 5 to work with that - not guaranteed, but often. It MIGHT work for you.

Lynn

Actually, it all started with 6.0.0.171. That was the version of the original Retail release. (don't have the original Basic version)

Reading through the thread, all the information on download tricks are listed… Dan just needs to read and heed.

One other is to simply use the included Roxio Home program. It has always worked for me. But at this point, he may need to uninstall V6 and run Roxizap to clean out things before trying again.

Actually, it all started with 6.0.0.171. That was the version of the original Retail release. (don't have the original Basic version)

Reading through the thread, all the information on download tricks are listed… Dan just needs to read and heed.

One other is to simply use the included Roxio Home program. It has always worked for me. But at this point, he may need to uninstall V6 and run Roxizap to clean out things before trying again.

Thanks James. Actually, it's Donna. Yes, this is the original Retail program. I have read and tried all suggestions listed in this thread (as well as others). I have also tried using the Roxio Home. I can run the program - it's just sluggish. The one thing I am seeing new, is this "Roxizap" program. Is this within the Roxio directory, or is it a utility I need to download?

Donna

Thanks James. Actually, it's Donna. Yes, this is the original Retail program. I have read and tried all suggestions listed in this thread (as well as others). I have also tried using the Roxio Home. I can run the program - it's just sluggish. The one thing I am seeing new, is this "Roxizap" program. Is this within the Roxio directory, or is it a utility I need to download?

Donna

Donna

Donna

Go into your add/remove programs and remove Roxio.......then use this Roxio utility called Roxizap that you can use to remove all remnants of Roxio/Adaptec software for you. Caution, I understand it may also remove registry entries for GoBack, so if you have that installed, uninstall it first, then re-install after running roxizap.

You can get roxizap here: http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

Then re-install from your installation disc. If you require any updates they are on the left of this page (Software Updates) make sure you apply the correct one, Basic or Platinum.

Then re-install from your installation disc. If you require any updates they are on the left of this page (Software Updates) make sure you apply the correct one, Basic or Platinum.

Thanks Ogdens, you're a lot more helpful than some of the so called "Digital Guru's" with absolutely no customer relations skills.

Here's what happens when you run the update utility:

http://home.swbell.net/rda/downloadfreeze.jpg

So as you can clearly see from the multiple posts here, Roxio's updater isnt working for multiple paying customers. It fails to even start the download. The much vaunted manual method does not address the problem and is a PITA. The fact is that Roxio's own software isnt working and the Roxio brown nose goons in here can do nothing but browbeat people just looking for help and reporting a problem.

Furthermore, after following the instructions and downloading the various updates they wont even install even though I have a fully registered and supported version.

http://home.swbell.net/rda/nowwhat.jpg

http://home.swbell.net/rda/yahright.jpg

Roxio needs to address this problem and the goons in this forum need to back off. The fact is I've paid for a product, of which the automatic update is a part. The manual fix doesnt address the problem and it doesnt update all of the software componants.

Thanks Ogdens, you're a lot more helpful than some of the so called "Digital Guru's" with absolutely no customer relations skills.

Here's what happens when you run the update utility:

http://home.swbell.net/rda/downloadfreeze.jpg

So as you can clearly see from the multiple posts here, Roxio's updater isnt working for multiple paying customers. It fails to even start the download. The much vaunted manual method does not address the problem and is a PITA. The fact is that Roxio's own software isnt working and the Roxio brown nose goons in here can do nothing but browbeat people just looking for help and reporting a problem.

Furthermore, after following the instructions and downloading the various updates they wont even install even though I have a fully registered and supported version.

http://home.swbell.net/rda/nowwhat.jpg

http://home.swbell.net/rda/yahright.jpg

Roxio needs to address this problem and the goons in this forum need to back off. The fact is I've paid for a product, of which the automatic update is a part. The manual fix doesnt address the problem and it doesnt update all of the software componants.

\

The people that have responded on here do not work for Roxio (including me), we come on here on our spare time to try and help fellow users like you.

I have downloaded the Software Updates many time and I have no problems (you have something installed on your computer that is preventing the download). It could be a firewall or Norton Internet Security, etc.

As for Roxio fixing the automatic updater you are having problems with in Version 6, I wouldn't hold your breath as they are at Version 8 now.

Sorry you got ticked off by some of my fellow guru's on here, thats life. Move on.

I just realized you have a OEM version which as Lynn as pointed out, is not the responsiblity of Roxio anyway. Let us know how you make out with the OEM provider so that we can pass it on to other future users with the same problem.

Chewing out the volunteers who answer this on our own time won't get you anywhere.

If you want to talk to Roxio, click on the "company" link in the left-hand colulmn, and use the addresses/phone numbers at the bottom of the page. Or you can phone the (paid) customer service support line.

BTW, subsequent to to Version 6, Roxio/Sonic has put out Version 7, and 7.5 (when Sonic bought Roxio), and 8; and rumor has it they may be working on Version 9. Most companies don't support something as old as Vesion 6 AT ALL.

And, your Version number (neither 6.1 nor 6.2) says it is an OEM Version. (The fact 3 other people also used this thread doesn't change YOUR Version.) OEM Versions are created when a company buys the rights to use it, and often (as for example Compaq or Dell) they customize it so it isn't the generic Basic Version. Since it is 6.3, it probably has some features of Version 7 in it, and updating it with the 6.1 or 6.2 updaters would at best remove features. At that point, all support comes from the OEM company - assuming they still support it.

Lynn

I just realized you have a OEM version which as Lynn as pointed out, is not the responsiblity of Roxio anyway. Let us know how you make out with the OEM provider so that we can pass it on to other future users with the same problem.

Wrong. I've got the FULL COMMERCIAL version. I bought and paid for it at Best Buy in 2005. I could care less what other companies do, we're talking about Roxio. The product is not working and the support files you download dont work either.

And if you dont like people getting upset at you dont come in here with a self righteous attitude that you know everything about why they're experiencing a problem, because as a non-roxio employee trust me.. you dont.

I've used the auto-updater previously and it worked. I just did a fresh re-install of my system and now it doesnt.

The right answer: "Hey, looks like a lot of you are having the same problem and I'm not sure whats causing it - you should contact Roxio support" instead of posting snippy and ill-informed comments like:

"Then your "problem" is completely different! Since you just bought it, it should be up to date. V6.2.0.134."

Bzzt wrong. Just buying it doesnt mean that its any particular version.

"I'd suggest you read the FREQUENT ANSWERS post at the top of the postings, and come back with enough information for us to be able to make an educated guess."

Nice snippy guru answer - no help, but nice snippy answer. Assuming people are idiots and havent done any leg work is insulting.

"Reading through the thread, all the information on download tricks are listed… Dan just needs to read and heed."

Again nice snippy answer from a "guru". Step outside your little world and realize we're not all idiots. You have no idea what he has done or not done.

None of this changes the fact that the auto updater is sticking and not working for a bunch of people. I've already contacted support and opened a ticket before I came here yesterday. It was sickening to see you guys deride people that are experiencing an obvious problem and have legitimate complaints. If you dont know the answer for sure suck it up and say so.

Wrong. I've got the FULL COMMERCIAL version. I bought and paid for it at Best Buy in 2005. I could care less what other companies do, we're talking about Roxio. The product is not working and the support files you download dont work either.

Fine, sweety - next time your car breaks down, go to the garage and tell the mechanic to make the same repairs he made to the last car.

Lynn

Archived