nicknameless

audio has static when creating dvd

Question

when i try to add a .avi file to a my dvd project, the audio on the menu and on the regular movie has really loud static. this is the only program where this problem takes place. any idea would be appreciated. thanks

13 answers to this question

Sometimes updating the audio driver helps. You can also go to the Control Panel / Sounds & Audio. At the bottom for Speakers, click ADVANCED and then the PERFORMANCE TAB. For hardware accelration, bring it back a notch or two. Sometimes that helps.

when i try to add a .avi file to a my dvd project, the audio on the menu and on the regular movie has really loud static. this is the only program where this problem takes place. any idea would be appreciated. thanks

Also, not all avi files are the same. Where did you get the avi file from? I have this type of problem with Quicktime mov files.

You are not alone! I am having the same problem. On my PC Video Wave does same thing. I can duplicate the problem by importing a picture and a song -thats it. Lots of static, very nasty! HELP! What is wierd if I run Sound Editor all sounds work just fine. Any other ideas? Please help, thank you.

Edited by MMiiMM88

You are not alone! I am having the same problem. On my PC Video Wave does same thing. I can duplicate the problem by importing a picture and a song -thats it. Lots of static, very nasty! HELP! What is wierd if I run Sound Editor all sounds work just fine. Any other ideas? Please help, thank you.

Have you tried Gary's suggestion? We don't know if the suggestion helped the OP, because he didn't have the courtesy to come back and let folks know.

Edited by grandpabruce

Did you try this:

Go to the Control Panel / Sounds & Audio. At the bottom for Speakers, click ADVANCED and then the PERFORMANCE TAB. For hardware acceleration, bring it back a notch or two. Sometimes that helps.

Did you try this:

Go to the Control Panel / Sounds & Audio. At the bottom for Speakers, click ADVANCED and then the PERFORMANCE TAB. For hardware acceleration, bring it back a notch or two. Sometimes that helps.

g-yes I tried this but nothing changed. Thanks for the ideas. Still no fix yet.

I too have a lot of audio static when playing back clips in VideoWave. I can play back the same .AVI clip in Windows Media Player and in Windows Movie Editor with no static. I tried the Control Panel/Sounds and Audio suggestion, and it made no difference at all. What is the fix?

I had the static problem as well and dialing back the hardware acceleration fixed it. I also updated my audio drivers first.

Thanks!

I too have a lot of audio static when playing back clips in VideoWave. I can play back the same .AVI clip in Windows Media Player and in Windows Movie Editor with no static. I tried the Control Panel/Sounds and Audio suggestion, and it made no difference at all. What is the fix?

H - I still havent had any luck with the static noise. I have an email into Roxio but reply yet. I will update as I learn more. Any more ideas - anyone? Thanks.

Guest Preet at Roxio
H - I still havent had any luck with the static noise. I have an email into Roxio but reply yet. I will update as I learn more. Any more ideas - anyone? Thanks.

Can you try re-encoding the AVI file in Windows Movie Maker and then add it to VideoWave and see if you still have the same issue

Can you try re-encoding the AVI file in Windows Movie Maker and then add it to VideoWave and see if you still have the same issue

Preet - I loaded the video into WMM and saved it as a DV AVI (NTSC) and then loaded it into Roxio Video Wave and it still sounds exactly the same - lots of static. I made a copy of the what it sounds like -is there a way to post that file here in the forum so you can hear it? The problem also occurs if I bring in no video but instead a picture and then add an audio file - WMA file. Thanks for the help, I will keep trying.

Preet - I loaded the video into WMM and saved it as a DV AVI (NTSC) and then loaded it into Roxio Video Wave and it still sounds exactly the same - lots of static. I made a copy of the what it sounds like -is there a way to post that file here in the forum so you can hear it? The problem also occurs if I bring in no video but instead a picture and then add an audio file - WMA file. Thanks for the help, I will keep trying.

All right you guys, I figured it out. I ran DXDIAG from the "start" then "run" program. I clicked on sound and then reduced hardware acceleration to NONE, then started up ROXIO, and now it works just fine! Thanks for the help and good luck!