• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd And Catalyst 6.1

site400

Question

Been using MyDVD for about 5 months now with only minimal problems :) . Yesterday I installed the new Catalyst drivers for my ATI card and ~~bam~~ MyDVD will not load up anymore.

When I click on Start>Roxio>MyDVD the MyDVD Splash Screen pops up for a second, disappears, and then nothing happens. Task Manager (Processes) shows VideoWave8 running and sucking down all my memory as usual, but under the application tab MyDVD, or VideoWave, is not there...its also does not show up on my computer (i.e., on the windows taskbar or when I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete).

I havent gotten around to rolling back my driver but wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this (the Catalyst 6.1 drivers are only a few days old)?

Thanks,

Louis

5 answers to this question

Didn't know there was a six. :huh: . I'm still using 5.8. Are you getting any message about DAO? A lot of people do and deleting it (add/remove programs) solves some problems. I never had a problem but I deleted it with no problems when I cleaned out some obsolete programs.

It is possbile that a new driver could be a problem. I've heard of that before if the copany is not following all the right protocols.

Let me know if 6 works for you; I like to keep up to date.

Been using MyDVD for about 5 months now with only minimal problems :) . Yesterday I installed the new Catalyst drivers for my ATI card and ~~bam~~ MyDVD will not load up anymore.

When I click on Start>Roxio>MyDVD the MyDVD Splash Screen pops up for a second, disappears, and then nothing happens. Task Manager (Processes) shows VideoWave8 running and sucking down all my memory as usual, but under the application tab MyDVD, or VideoWave, is not there...its also does not show up on my computer (i.e., on the windows taskbar or when I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete).

I havent gotten around to rolling back my driver but wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this (the Catalyst 6.1 drivers are only a few days old)?

Thanks,

Louis

Thanks,

Louis

I just loaded the 6.1 driver and have experienced no problem openin MyDVD. I do not install the Control Center, though. I am quite irritated at ATI for getting rid of the Control Panel (not the same as Control Center), but the version 5.11 Control Panel does work with the 6.1 driver.

Ok, so yesterday I tried everything to get MyDVD to work...short of uninstalling the video driver and reverting back to an older version. I probably restarted the computer 3 times; after each clean reboot I would immediately open up MyDVD and the same scenario repeated itself....Windows processes says it was running but not the applications tab.

Gave up, came home today and started my computer as usual. Ripped some video off of an old DVD using Media Capture and then figured I'd give MyDVD another try before I uninstalled the Catalyst 6.1 driver and what-da-ya-know? The darn program worked....are you sure that Roxio doesn't send up hotfixes without us knowing about it??? I still have no idea why it didn't work yesterday but does again today :)

Yesterday your computer was tired ! :huh:

Ok, so yesterday I tried everything to get MyDVD to work...short of uninstalling the video driver and reverting back to an older version. I probably restarted the computer 3 times; after each clean reboot I would immediately open up MyDVD and the same scenario repeated itself....Windows processes says it was running but not the applications tab.

Gave up, came home today and started my computer as usual. Ripped some video off of an old DVD using Media Capture and then figured I'd give MyDVD another try before I uninstalled the Catalyst 6.1 driver and what-da-ya-know? The darn program worked....are you sure that Roxio doesn't send up hotfixes without us knowing about it??? I still have no idea why it didn't work yesterday but does again today :)

Archived