Could Someone Please Attempt To Figure This One..

dpbel

Question

Could someone please tell me what this screen is telling me when accessing pan and zoom. I thought I had it figured out in a previous post but now reappeared when trying to edit pan and zoom. My first problem was not having the preview window that suddenly disappeared but not finish is missing also. What are the sliders below showing? They don't move and the play button is non functional at this time. No editing can be done from this screen and no pan and zoom is editable.

My vid card driver is updated.

I do want to stress that I did have these features a couple days ago. Did a repair with the software in Modify-Repair-Uninstall screen. No other changes were done to any settings or configs. Anyone know what gives?? I also want to say that either of the manual or advance buttons have no different effect to the screen

screen1.jpg

9 answers to this question

The pictures I'm using are unedited and have come from a variety of sources - cameras, emails, etc. When Pan and Zoom works, it works, and when it doesn't, it doesn't, I'm afraid - doesn't seem to matter what the source is. I can use Pan and Zoom without any problems on an old PC with an old video card using the same pictures - but that PC is sooooo slow!

Craig, funnily enough I have the Norton ccApp task running - but only on the PC that works! Sounds like I'd best leave it alone.

Let's face it, this isn't rocket science! I have loads of apps which display video perfectly, why should Pan and Zoom be any different? One of the missing panels (the Finish screen) doesn't even have to move - it's just a still image! Are Roxio using some unusual DirectX function to display these images - if so, I suggest they change it. I'd raise a ticket, but the last one I raised took 18 days to get a reply.

Hey Gary.....No Viruses or spyware, I am pretty thorough with those things. I never had this or any problems with the ROXIO products using them from version 6-7-7.5, and now 8. This is pretty crazy that I am having these difficulties that are usually figured out eventually through mistakes, settings, experience, etc. This time, it is so random that I even uninstalled and reinstalled twice thus far and still have issues with this. I can also add new images or clips to the menu and edit with no problem and all works fine. Save, .dmsd file and reopen project and it's back....no preview screen in pan and zoom, not able to change pan and zoom settings. No auto zoom , just the same edit that was made previously. If I delete that panel and replace with the same image again, I now have the capabilities back to edit but still no preview screen. Did the update to 05 change anything that anyone is aware of?

Windows XP

2.4 GHTZ

[3] 160GB externals

Radeon UPdated driver

This is the same problem as many other people have been having, myself included - just look through the recent posts to find multiple problems with pan and zoom showing only one or two of the three screens. It has nothing to do with video cards, everyone seems to be running different, but modern, cards with the latest drivers, again myself included. Plus I discovered this yesterday: I created a slideshow using the Slideshow Assistant (from the Photo menu), and then chose the option to edit it in VideoWave. Pan and Zoom worked! It showed all three screens. So I discarded that, opened VideoWave directly and selected New Slideshow, and added the same pcitures with the same transition effect (dissolve). Now Pan and Zoom doesn't work - it shows only one screen and I can't do anything with that! I tried this several times with the same result, so anyone who's having the same problem might like to try using the Slideshow Assistant to get the photos into VideoWave - it might work for you too!

BUT BEWARE: I just reopened a slideshow I had painstakingly set up with individual Pan and Zoom for each slide, took out a couple of pictures I no longer wanted, and when I came to play it all the Pan and Zoom settings had disappeared! Vanished! I have to start again!

Basically, Pan and Zoom is screwed! It has nothing to do with video cards, drivers, DirectX, or external drives (as suggested in one post) - it is BROKEN! It's time Roxio issued a FIX for this!

Don't know what to suggest at this point. Have you installed any other software since you had installed EMC8? You may try installiing DirectX again. I know the diagnostic may say it's fine. Just sounds like something has overwritten or changed a DLL file that EMC8 needs.

Microsoft just released a DirectX Developers update in Dec 2005. Try that one and see if it helps.

Microsoft DirectX Dec2005

Hey Simon.....Thanks for posting this...Out of curiosity for troubleshooting purposes, are any of the images that you are working on inside of VW, images that you may have reworked (Enhancements, brightness,levels, etc) with another program such as ADOBE Elements, Photoshop, or any other software enhancement packages? This seems to be my issue right now as far as I can tell. If I take an image into MYDVD or VideoWave as a JPEG that I reworked, I seem to have this issue but it is so inconsistant that I haven't completely figured this out yet. If I use an image directly from my camera, I seem to have all 3 screens and works great. I haven't once again totally played with this theory as I don't want to keep quiting my projects and troubleshooting when it is working corectly. These images that are reworked are being saved as JPEG's and had no issue with this using Ver. 7 DVD Builder as I see now with Ver.8. When I am making a Wedding video, I have usually enhanced most of my images before making this video. There are quite a few issues regarding this that don't appear to be figured out yet. The usuals as vid cards update, render mode, and basic usage have all been exhausted. I have also tried NERO with great results but like the ROXIO ease of the process. Interested to know your thoughts on this

I had the same problem and what worked for me was uninstalling Roxio 8 shutting off my Norton startup in MSConfig/startup ccapps (I believe) then reboot and reinstall Roxio 8.

It makes no sense but it worked.

Craig

Interesting...

I've got Norton and have been having lots of problems with other stuff in Roxio 8.

I'll give it a shot, thanks.

How about one more for the books!

Yesterday right after I finished reading the boards here I went and d/l and updated my video driver for my nvidia GeForce fx5500. Update went great but when I opened EMC8 Edit pan and zoom wouldn't display any of the preview pains.

I uninstalled the latest nvidia driver and reinstalled the old driver and guess what? Pan & Zoom worked great! I tried uninstalling the old driver and reinstalled the new driver v81.98 and all is right with the world!

What does it prove, probably nothing, but reinstalling video drivers might be atleast something to try if one loses their preview pains in P&Z

Archived