Sign in to follow this  
jerseypabs

Blu Ray Burning

Question

I bought Toast 12 thinking I could burn blu ray from my macbook pro. Find out you need a plug in for more $$ to burn blue rays. Fine. Got the plug in.

I imported a iMovie mp4 file on my mac to Toast. Organize the menus screen, which seems a bit unsophisticated. I have been using Nero on my HP for years. It is wonky compared with iMovie editing, but the options for main menu, chapters, is better than Toast. Unless I am missing something from the editing options area?

Couple of things:

It always says my file is NTSC coded and do I want to change to PALS. I looked it up and its seems i want NTSC since i live in US? Dont know if this is contributing to ultimate burn failure. Which do I choose?

It gets through to 100 percent completion, 1-2 hours, and it says "could not record the disc because there are too many files open" I thought this referred to other programs on MY computer open, but have retried burn with a regular def DVD with all programs closed and still no dice.

Any suggestions?

3 answers to this question

You need to change the setting in Toast Preferences to default to NTSC instead of PAL. Since this is Blu-ray it shouldn't matter. When you are ready to start burning the Blu-ray disc choose Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the Burn button. When the disc image is done burn the resulting .toast file to disc using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window.

I recently purchased Toast 12 to burn Blue Ray discs. Under the recorder tab you set the speed of the burner and while there are multiple choices Toast always seems to default to the 1X speed. If my videos were 2-3 minutes long that would be fine, but right now I'm authoring a two hour play I produced and the burn time seems extraordinarily long. I'm also using MPEG 2 DVD Blue Ray from Premiere. Is there another file format I should export in?