• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Marshall1956

Thumbnails Blurred In Storyline View

Question

When I save a project in VideoWave and then reopen the project later, the thumbnails in the Storyline and Timeline views are blurry - actually like static. After several saves and reopening the images are useless. If I import a new video, the images are crisp. Is there any way to force reloading the thumbnails?

post-124601-0-48471400-1430672709_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

Go to the folder where you stored your Videowave production and find the file name

you gave it that ends in "dat". There will be two files with your production name.

delete the one that ends in the xxxx.DAT. Then reboot and open up your production

again. The slides should now be OK. The program will reproduce all the slides you have

entered.

Thanks. I suppose when you said "reboot" you really meant to close the program and reopen it.

I renamed the .dat file .dat.bak just to be safe. When I loaded the Project it paused and then regenerated all the thumbnails.

Interestingly, if you exit the project without making any changes to it, it does not save a new .dat file. Then next time when you open it, it has to take the time to regenerate the thumbnails again. If you make the slightest change so that you can save the project, it creates the .dat file.

post-124601-0-64146300-1430674222_thumb.jpg

Exactly right GP ! One other thing that I have found that does a lot to help many problems---

Always place ALL of your photos, videos and any other data you might use in a production in the same folder.

Then when any problem exists and the program has to search for a missing item or ??, then it only has to

look in one folder. And always place your saved Videowave productions in that same folder. Same with any

DVD productions you make using the Videowave production--(i.e.DMSD files you save).

Actually it is not necessary to reboot the computer, just exit Videowave and restart Videowave and Open the project again. The dat file is regenerated,