Brubagsdvd

Creator Nxt Used To Work But Now Creates Owave Runtime Error

I have been successfully using this programm for some time now but recently I keep getting a runtime error for Video Wave14.exe that requires the runtime to terminate, then Roxio Creator crashes. Any suggestions?????

I have been successfully using this programm for some time now but recently I keep getting a runtime error for Video Wave14.exe that requires the runtime to terminate, then Roxio Creator crashes. Any suggestions?????

If this just started happening, use Windows Restore to get the computer back to when it worked. Start adding in what ever changes or new programs until the program no longer works then you have isolated the problem.

If that doesn't work, then a repair or reinstallation is in order. Come back and we'' give you some directions.

Many thanks Digital Guru. I have recently had an adware intrusion on my computer and this issue started after I removed the adware. Maybe I removed some legitimate registry files in the process? I do think that should I do a system restore, then I will get the adware back. I have not attempted that, but I do have a Repair disc for my operating system, which is Windows 7 Home Premium, but I could not get it to initiate a repair. I do not have an official Windows 7 installation disc as this laptop came with the system installed, so I am not sure how to reinstall the system. Also, the version of Roxio Creator NXT was purchased online so I do not have an install disc for that program. Not sure how to reinstall it? I have recently purchased and received delivery of the upgrade to NXT pro 3. I attempted to install from these discs but got the error: "Attempting to read from the source install database: F:\emc_content160\Roxio Content 15.msi". When I click OK the set up message returns, then the next error message appears: " Attempting to read from the source install database: F:\emc_160\Roxio Creator NXT Pro3.msi". As you can see, I have a major issue here. I feel that it is not the program itself but something inside my computer. I you or anyone can steer me in the right direction to resolve this issue, I would be extremely grateful.

Remember this is a users group; not tech support. I do have other things to do. :angry: Sometimes replies show up a day or two later. Our replies are cheaper than paying for support.

If you restore to a time BEFORE you got the adware then you should not have it any more. Once it is restored, delete all the later restore points. That adware may be there.

You reinstall the operating system from the small partition on your internal hard drive, Don't do that YET.

Didn't you make and keep a copy of the download of NXT? Look, it may strill be on your computer or some back up.

Download and run Revo Uninstaller Pro trial. Run that to get rid of all Roxio programs, programs you no longer use, and other things you may find. Use the Moderate Mode only.

Copy the NXT3 upgrade from the disc to your hard drive and try installing it from there. msi stands for Microsoft Installer. Look at the Roxio database files. Here are some related to the installation. Remember to shut off your antivirus during the install.

You will eventually get a message about trying to install too many times. If that happens send a private message to Rox-Ralf to get the count reset.

Also, the version of Roxio Creator NXT was purchased online so I do not have an install disc for that program. Not sure how to reinstall it? I have recently purchased and received delivery of the upgrade to NXT pro 3. I attempted to install from these discs but got the error: "Attempting to read from the source install database: F:\emc_content160\Roxio Content 15.msi". When I click OK the set up message returns, then the next error message appears: " Attempting to read from the source install database: F:\emc_160\Roxio Creator NXT Pro3.msi". As you can see, I have a major issue here. I feel that it is not the program itself but something inside my computer. I you or anyone can steer me in the right direction to resolve this issue, I would be extremely grateful.

Unless you intentionally deleted your purchased download, those files should still be on your hard drive, and you only need to re-execute the program to initiate a re-install. And if you do find the files, then as soon as you can get the program working, write them to DVD, label them, and put them in a safe place. (And do the same with any of your downloaded purchases.)

For your reading issue, try copying the entire disc(s) to your hard drive. If it completes the copy successfully, then try running the setup program from the hard drive. If you get errors during the copy process, either your drive is having a problem, or your discs are faulty. You could try taking the discs to another computer (maybe a friend's PC) and copy them to a USB drive. Again, if that works, try installing from that.