• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Denislav

Few Problems With Roxio Gamecap Standard/help!

Question

Hello,Firstly sorry for my bad english.English IS NOT my first language.

I have few problems with my Roxio GameCap ON PS3

1.My computer doesn't recognize the ORIGINAL Roxio Disc

-I am using Windows 8.1

2.My TV doesn't have the blue and green holes so I tried to cheat a little with two of those : http://goo.gl/adEXi5 checked every single cable at least two times and nothing.The only thing shown on my TV when everything is connected is "No Signal" with Blue background.I don't have ps3 component cable!

If the link above doesn't work : http://www.ebay.com/...=item19ee4e45b8

Thank you

Edited by Denislav

13 answers to this question

Your English is great!

You cable (HDMI to Component) is what we call 'Snake Oil'!!! It cannot possibly work as there is nothing in it to translate the signals from Digital to Analog! They have the right connections just nothing between the 2 connectors that will do anything :huh:

Your TV seems to be Analog or Composite... You only option would be to get an Component to Composite converter or replace the TV. Might be possible to use a VCR or DVD Player as a pass thourgh. Connect the Component Output from the RGC to the device and then use its' Composite output to connect to your TV.

But I do not understand how you got this far is your PC does not recognize the Roxio Disc? Try taking the disc to a friend and have them copy it to another DVD for you. Or a thumb drive or SD card.

Your English is great!

You cable (HDMI to Component) is what we call 'Snake Oil'!!! It cannot possibly work as there is nothing in it to translate the signals from Digital to Analog! They have the right connections just nothing between the 2 connectors that will do anything :huh:

Your TV seems to be Analog or Composite... You only option would be to get an Component to Composite converter or replace the TV. Might be possible to use a VCR or DVD Player as a pass thourgh. Connect the Component Output from the RGC to the device and then use its' Composite output to connect to your TV.

But I do not understand how you got this far is your PC does not recognize the Roxio Disc? Try taking the disc to a friend and have them copy it to another DVD for you. Or a thumb drive or SD card.

Well..Back when i bought the RGC I was a lot younger and I didn't understand How everything worked.I was not a tech guy back then and I am definitely not one now.I never tried this disc.I never changed my TV and for some reason I thought I could cheat the capture card with two of those cables.I guess they were waste of money after all :/ .

Do i understand correctly.After i somehow get the disc to work I can connect the RGC to a DVD Player with the included(Roxio) cables and then connect the DVD to my TV with the included( DVD )Cables.But how do i connect my PS3 to the RGC?

The cables I have at the moment are : 2 x HDMI to 5Component

The included(Yellow,White,Red) PS3 component cable

1 Standard HDMI Cable.

The DVD i own doesn't have a HDMI port.

Thank you for the help.

P.S : I also contacted you through facebook to ask if there is any way I could download the program instead of using the disc.(I guess I sould have waited for your reply,Sorry)

Is there any way to record with what I have even if i have to play through the preview window :/

Edited by Denislav

You are posting in the RGC for Consoles area, which implies that is what you have.

That Hardware only connects to your console (PS3 for you) with Component cables and likewise only outputs with them!

So I have to ask, HOW do you connect to your TV now without the RGC?

But you mention that you do have a Yellow/Whie/Red Composite Cable. (Component cables have 5 wires - Red/Blue-Green plus audio White and Red) Guessing this is what you use.

I described some alternate ways to hook up based on what I understand you have and need. I have one of those HDMI/Component cables but I was 99.9% sure it would not work when I bought it and I got it cheap!

I do not do Facebook but someone else should respond there ^_^

Could you please explain what you mean by "My computer doesn't recognize the ORIGINAL Roxio Disc"?

If your PC does not recognize the Roxio disc, how did you install the software?

Lets ignore the capture problems for the moment.

Could you please explain what you mean by "My computer doesn't recognize the ORIGINAL Roxio Disc"?

If your PC does not recognize the Roxio disc, how did you install the software?

Lets ignore the capture problems for the moment.

I never did.I don't have the software installed

You are posting in the RGC for Consoles area, which implies that is what you have.

That Hardware only connects to your console (PS3 for you) with Component cables and likewise only outputs with them!

So I have to ask, HOW do you connect to your TV now without the RGC?

But you mention that you do have a Yellow/Whie/Red Composite Cable. (Component cables have 5 wires - Red/Blue-Green plus audio White and Red) Guessing this is what you use.

I described some alternate ways to hook up based on what I understand you have and need. I have one of those HDMI/Component cables but I was 99.9% sure it would not work when I bought it and I got it cheap!

I do not do Facebook but someone else should respond there ^_^

I use a standard HDMI Cable to connect my ps3 to the TV if that is what you're asking

I never did.I don't have the software installed

If you never installed the Roxio software then of course nothing will work.

If you never installed the Roxio software then of course nothing will work.

But shouldn't there at least be a picture on the screen..ATM the is only the "No signal"message is showing when everything is connected

But shouldn't there at least be a picture on the screen..ATM the is only the "No signal"message is showing when everything is connected

You need the Roxio Game Capture (RGC), connected to your computer, and you need the Roxio software installed, prior to connecting the RGC to your computer.

If the software is not installed ( as you claim) then you cannot get a "No signal" message.

I am really confused and i've been trying to fix it whole day.It's 1:02 AM for me and my brain is melting.I will think about what you suggested and i will try and get everything working.Is it problem if i kindly ask for help tomorrow just in case i cant do it myself?

When you start tomorrow just hook up your PS3 directly to your TV with your HDMI cables and tell us if that works, nothing else.

You need the Roxio Game Capture (RGC), connected to your computer, and you need the Roxio software installed, prior to connecting the RGC to your computer.

If the software is not installed ( as you claim) then you cannot get a "No signal" message.

You are not doing it on purpose but a big problem here is you lack of clarity...

NO, Nothing will work right unless you have the software installed!!!!!

Even the pass through of the Deceive will not work until it is connected to a computer via USB and that computer has the software installed.

Likewise, if you have ever plugged in the RGB device to your PC before the software was installed, Windows has installed the wrong Driver and it will never work until you get the software installed!

And in order to do that you must remove the RGC Device an keep it away from your PC until the software is installed!

Come back when you have the software installed -_-