• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Switch To Dvd Drive Please Help!

kornsick@hotmail.com

Question

Hey whats up. I just bought EMC8 and I have a problem with burning to my dvd drive. Doesnt matter in which different dvd or disc copier application i am in. I cannot select my dvd drive as the destination. It sees is in device and utilities manager but only my cd -rw drive has the little flame selection on it stating that it burns. IF i load my video into the burn an iso image application, it wont let me select my dvd drive as teh destination. Any ideas?

6 answers to this question

Hey whats up. I just bought EMC8 and I have a problem with burning to my dvd drive. Doesnt matter in which different dvd or disc copier application i am in. I cannot select my dvd drive as the destination. It sees is in device and utilities manager but only my cd -rw drive has the little flame selection on it stating that it burns. IF i load my video into the burn an iso image application, it wont let me select my dvd drive as teh destination. Any ideas?

What is the make/model/firmware of your DVD drive?

If you go to your Start menu,under Roxio you will see Tools,Choose Disc and Device Utility.When it opens hit the + sign under your drive that says disc properties.The third line down is the firmware version.

Alot of times just having the latest version of the firmware will solve some problems.To get a new version and how to update it go to Sony's website.

Is it a drive that you put in youeself. I have some times, didn't get things seated right with the ribbon. You might look and see if you have not seated the ribbon all the way and also check your power and see it you may have forgot to put the power to the drive. I don't know if this will help but i just though that it might help in some way. ithas been my experince if you don't see it on your system i didn't do something wrong.

Good luck

Archived