Text And Video Staying Together

null@the-bennetts.com

Question

Rather than continue to look for a way, I thought someone here might have a simple answer that I might have overlooked.

In VideoWave when I build a video, and add several video clips, I usually add various text title screens to each section of the video. During this process I may insert a new video clip, or trim and existing clip, which causes whole timeline to adjust. However any text overlays I’ve added stay in place, or do not adjust with the video, and therefore are no longer in the exact timing position I need. How do I get text to snap/lock/etc. on a specific video clip, and if I insert a new video segment, or trim one, the text and the original video clip adjust in sync and stay together without me having to manually readjust all of my text screens again?

Thanks, Jim

1 answer to this question

Rather than continue to look for a way, I thought someone here might have a simple answer that I might have overlooked.

In VideoWave when I build a video, and add several video clips, I usually add various text title screens to each section of the video. During this process I may insert a new video clip, or trim and existing clip, which causes whole timeline to adjust. However any text overlays I’ve added stay in place, or do not adjust with the video, and therefore are no longer in the exact timing position I need. How do I get text to snap/lock/etc. on a specific video clip, and if I insert a new video segment, or trim one, the text and the original video clip adjust in sync and stay together without me having to manually readjust all of my text screens again?

Thanks, Jim

Jim, if you want text, overlays, effects, etc. to stay with only one clip/picture, put them on the internal tracks. To do this, double click on the picture/clip while in the timeline view. When the internal tracks open, insert the text or whatever on the appropriate track. Note, to see all tracks, click the 2nd icon from the left (the one with the - + signs) and place check marks in all the boxes. When done, click the 1st icon on the left to return to the external track. Now, when you add additional pictures or clips, the item you added to the internal tracks will follow that clip/picture.

Hope that is clear and helps.

Archived