Sign in to follow this  
BrandonSeniorSeminars

Add Movie Operation Failed Media Not Editable

Question

I am trying to make my first DVD with Roxio easy CD&DVD burning. I am trying to create a professional looking DVD. When I try to add a movie I get the response add movie operation failed media not editable. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11 to edit my film and create the video in AVCHD 1920X1080-60i output format. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do to make a DVD?

7 answers to this question

I am trying to make my first DVD with Roxio easy CD&DVD burning. I am trying to create a professional looking DVD. When I try to add a movie I get the response add movie operation failed media not editable. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11 to edit my film and create the video in AVCHD 1920X1080-60i output format. What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do to make a DVD?

Let's start slowly. A standard DVD is 720 by 480 and the video files on it are mpg2 but are listed on the disc as VOB. AVCHD format and discs are high definition videos put on a standard DVD or a blu ray. These AVCHD discs are limited to about 40 minutes and can only be played on a blu ray player (some).

Why are you using the AVCHD format ? Try the mpg2 output. I don;t know Vegas Movie Studio; doesn't it have the ability to burn a DVD?

Give us more information about what you are trying to do.

Tanks for responding guys. Just now getting back from work. Sony Vegas Movie Studio doe have capability to burn but I purchased Roxio so I can design a nice DVD with menus and music. I am new to this end of media. Basically all want to do is put nice DVD together that I may sell for my ministry.

What format does the video need to be in to accomplish this. I am finding very little information on this on the internet.

Yes the 'mpegs' are the same... There is likely some subtle difference within the various formats under the mpg container but it should not matter.

Sony was never known for its' "speed" :lol:Generally speaking... a 1:1 ratio is considered normal with 1/2 to 1 pretty well these days ;)

Do some test renders - 1 to 2 minutes long in several formats and see if they are accepted by Roxio. For DVD, 720 X 480 @ 9 mbps is as good as it gets. (Don't sacrifice Quality for Time!)

Yes the mpegs are close enough to be considered the 'same' ;)

Vegas was never hailed for its' speed... It will help if you only go for the HQ DVD ~ 720 X 480 @ 9 mbps. This is what Roxio will render at and will improve its' time as well.

Don't be tempted to sacrifice Quality for Time. Start in HQ and keep it that way from recording to final burn -_-