• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trouble With Video Capture

INSIGHTAOK

Question

Using NXT on Windows 7 desktop. Have successfully capture many VHS & *Dish Network* programs in live time over last few years to DVD & external hard drives. Recently, after selecting "Capture Video" function next menu starts but does not complete loading. "Capture Video" screen will not show sample video box screen or quality selection or any other normal display items. "Media Device" box does show *Roxio* video capture USB. Around time of problem presented itself I purchased software from *SpeedyPC Pro* (registry cleaner, etc). Could these two have compatibility issues??? I have tried re-install disk with repair function, no results. Also repeated repair install with *Windows 7* anti-virus,firewall, etc turned OFF< no results. Any help would be deeply appreciated, my backlogged programming is increasing greatly by the day. Thank you for your earliest convenient response

3 answers to this question

I have not used a Reg Cleaner since Win 95 :huh:

What you should try is a more through repair method...

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

That should do the trick ;)

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!! Thank you for your kind assistance and a "Successful" conclusion to my problem. Spot-On Sir. My deepest appreciation for your time, effort and genius. Completed on my first attempt. Strange though, after following your instructions and plugging in USB *Roxio* Capture device, *Windows 7* immediately proceeded to find & identify drive file before I could insert *Roxio* Capture Device driver disk. But *Windows* driver operating with correct results. Ready to update "NXT" to next level, Very, very happy.

• Like 1

Windows will always identify a USB device and assign a driver, that is what it is supposed to do...

Problem is that if you have not installed the Software FIRST, Windows does not have the right driver and assigns an incorrect one :huh:

Once the wrong one is Assigned, it Windows will never change it of its' own free will, so we have to bend its' arm :D

Glad you got it running!