• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
kingraven

No Video Signal When Using Roxio Dvd 3 Plus

Question

so i have been trying for the last 4 days to get this device to work. it worked right out of the box but all of a sudden stopped working. i have both of the roxio devices in my device manager and i am using a device that has worked 100 times before. any tips?

7 answers to this question

What are you hooked up to?

How?

I agree that it seems odd that it has worked and would now stop... Could be the device although failures are very rare -_-

Check and/or replace connection components, even try a different source like a DVD Player just to say we tried everything :D

So i have tried s-video and analog. I have tried a vcr, dvd player, a camcorder, a gamecube, and a ps2. This issue started when i upgraded to 3 plus, and i have tried every solution i can find. From clearing everything in my computer to turning off AV and firewalls to manually removing and reinstalling drivers. Literally when i upgraded everything went downhill and i can not even salvage it by downgrading. I have also tried having it plugged into a 2.0 usb header and a 3.0 usb header and still no dice. The program also crashes if i plug in the capture device while it is running. I am at a loss and quite angry that i have spent 70 dollars total on this and it only worked for 2 weeks.

• Like 1

I doubt the 'upgrade' had anything to do with it...

Best way to test at this point is to loan it to a willing friend.

Have them install only the original software and test. If that works, install the upgrade and test.

Make absolutely sure they DO NOT plug in the USB Capture Device Before they install the software!!!!!!!

tried it on my brothers PC. no issues on his end. i am sure the issue just happened to be when i got the upgrade i am just venting because i just bought the upgrade >.<. i guess all i can do is keep uninstalling and trying different ways to install it.

Not the upgrade, no one else has had this issue and it has been out quite some time...

Let's try it this way - (Add Nothing! - Skip Nothing!)

Unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I really don't know what to tell you...

If it works on someone else's PC then we have proven that both the Software and Hardware are functioning.

And it does not work on yours (provided ALL hookups are the same) then the issue is your PC or Ports.

Your kind of stingy with information, "everything where it should be", only tells us you think you have it right ;) I would like to see a screen cap of your Device Manager, WITH the device plugged it.