Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Ubu

Videowave Not Starting!

Question

HI, just downloaded NXT Pro 3 and installed (first as upgrade and then as a clean install) and there's startup problems with Videowave and Create DVD applications

Nothings happens(on screeen) and the only thing is some errors in the Application event log (see attachment)

I found some posts in the Community on uninstall (Revo) and install again but its not working for me.

I also checked DirectX install and no errors detected.

Windows7 (x64), 8GB Ram, GeForce 550 Ti, driver 350.12

Installed from downloaded media on local harddrive

This is very annoying to say the least, what can i do to fix this??!!

error.txt

12 answers to this question

Could be a bad download. Download it again and try installing with your antivirus and any registry cleaners OFF.

How can you "explain" this error as a bad download, the install itself works fine but its only some applications that can't run.

Most of them seems to be run without anty errors

And yes the install were made with AV an FW off, this must be some other issue since the previous verion of Creator NXT2 worked without any issues

Some other ideas?

/U

Edited by Mr. Ubu

Please provide the text file as an attachment from dxdiag.exe (link)

Do you have the foolowing requirements installed?

• Windows Media Player version 10, 11 or 12
  • Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11
  • Internet connection required for installation, registration, product updates and some features. Any Internet charges are the user's responsibility.
  • QuickTime® player version 7 and iTunes® version 11 required for some functionality

Hi, thanks for the quick reply

ive run the dxdiag and save the info (both 32 and 64bit mode)

I hope you can see anything in the files that can be helpful

IE 11 and Firefox (35.0.1) browser

Windows Media Player 12

Internet connection (20Mbit/s)

All the req from Roxio homepage for NXT Pro 3 is fulfilled(as far as i can see)

Regards

/U

DxDiag.txt

DxDiag64.txt

Edited by Mr. Ubu

I don;t see anything unusual with the dxdiag results.

In the back of my mind, I think the fix is to re-register that ntdll.dll file in Windows but I don't remember the details. Perhaps someone has a better memory.

hallo ik zou graag willen weten waaron mijn bewerkings programma van roxio na een tijdje vast loopt kan iemand mij dat vertellen ?

alvast bedankt

(from Google Translate): hello I would like to know waaron my editing program of roxio crashes after a while can someone tell me?

thanks

Edited by d_deweywright
add English translation

I will retry to reinstall Windows 7 Sp1 (inplace upgrade) to fix the ntdll.dll problem. According to some googled articles re-registering is not possible

Will get back when done with result, bad or good...

Why look for the ones that say it can't be done? This is from an article giving detailed steps.: close.png?h=759e1ad095959d651cebde3d4dab7644

Step 1: Manually Register Ntdll.dll Using Microsoft Register Server

When you install software that uses the ntdll.dll dependency, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your DLL file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a "ntdll.dll not registered" error. Fortunately, you can use a built-in utility called "Microsoft Register Server" (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your ntdll.dll file.

How to re-register ntdll.dll from an elevated command prompt (Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8):

• Click the Start button.
  • Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
  • While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
  • You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
  • Click Yes.
  • Type the following command: regsvr32 /u ntdll.dll.
  • Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file.
  • Type the following command: regsvr32 /i ntdll.dll.
  • Hit ENTER. This will RE-REGISTER your file.
  • Close the command prompt window.
  • Re-start the program associated with ntdll.dll error.

Of course, it is your choice to use this or not. I have not used it myself.

Edited by sknis

It doesn't work, i get an error message saying that the "entry point for the DLLRegisterServer not found", there may be some other problem casuing this so i will probably try to reinstall/inplace upgrade my Win7sp1

This seems to be a common problem and since it worked fine with the previous version of Roxio NXT2 (videowave) and crashed after the installation of the NXT3,

it must be something with the new version of the program that is wrong

Anyone that have some suggestions on how to solve this are welcome to post a reply

Regards

/U

Edited by Mr. Ubu

If it was a "common problem", as you say, don't you think a lot of people would have the same issue?

I think a format and clean install is your best bet.

Hi again, clean install and format wasn't for me (to much work) so a made an in place upgrade of the win7 (eg install win 7 with option to upgrade itself when starting the installation)

and now all is working, most important no errors when starting wideowave and all the other programsin the Roxio suite.

All settings were retained and the only thing were all the updates and the outdated IE, it took 3 hours in total, no need to reinstall any of my applications ans games

Since the re-installation fixed the ntdll-problem, there must be some other way to fix the dll-issue but i haven't found any articles the does it... (i've searched and tried many but none were succesful)

This was my solution to the problem and can be recommended to those of you that got stuck and don't want to make a clean install again!

While we are glad to hear you got it running, your unwillingness to put forth the needed effort will get you in the end -_-

Worse thing you can do is upgrade with that method... It brings with it the garbage that already existed on your PC. But I hope it works for you!