• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
asandull

Error Rendering Movie

I am currently using Videowave Movie creator and have been using it for years with no problems. I just made a movie and am trying to render it to playback on DVD but I'm getting an error message telling me to use another format. I tried rendering a different movie I was working on to see if it was a problem with the software but that movie rendered just fine. Please Help! I need to get this onto a DVD ASAP!

I am currently using Videowave Movie creator and have been using it for years with no problems. I just made a movie and am trying to render it to playback on DVD but I'm getting an error message telling me to use another format. I tried rendering a different movie I was working on to see if it was a problem with the software but that movie rendered just fine. Please Help! I need to get this onto a DVD ASAP!

If another movie renders ok and the one you're working on doesn't it usually means there is a problem with your movie....maybe a transition or effect. One suggetion would be to split the video and try 1 part to see if that works and then the second part. I'm not the resident genius on Videowave but hopefully others who are more proficient will be able to help you.

If another movie renders ok and the one you're working on doesn't it usually means there is a problem with your movie....maybe a transition or effect. One suggetion would be to split the video and try 1 part to see if that works and then the second part. I'm not the resident genius on Videowave but hopefully others who are more proficient will be able to help you.

Hello! Thanks again for your quick response! Right, others are rendering just fine. It is this one that is possessed! I tried cutting the movie down the middle and rendering just half of it (thinking it might be too big). That didnt work either.

Please if anyone has any ideas let me know. I am totally desperate and need to get this video burned asap.

Guest mlpasley
Hello! Thanks again for your quick response! Right, others are rendering just fine. It is this one that is possessed! I tried cutting the movie down the middle and rendering just half of it (thinking it might be too big). That didnt work either.

Please if anyone has any ideas let me know. I am totally desperate and need to get this video burned asap.

Is there something different about this movie? What kind of video file is it?

Edited by mlpasley

Is there something different about this movie? What kind of video file is it?

Hi, Thanks for your response. I am taking video from VCR and my mini DV camcorder. They are avi. files. I feel like I tried everything... uninstall/reinstall. I cut the movie in half and tried to render only half. I've taken out many transitions. I'm all out of ideas.

Guest mlpasley

Try rendering it for a DV Camcorder. If there is a conflict between the type of files, this should put them into the same format for rendering to the DVD.

I remember this problem coming up before, but I'll be darned if I can remember how we resolved it.

Try rendering it for a DV Camcorder. If there is a conflict between the type of files, this should put them into the same format for rendering to the DVD.

I remember this problem coming up before, but I'll be darned if I can remember how we resolved it.

Thank you, i'll try that now... But I think i did try every possible format... I've never had this happen... Time for some new software...

I'll let you know what happens.

no, unfortunatley that didnt work... Please keep the suggestions coming! Thanks again :)

Guest mlpasley
no, unfortunatley that didnt work... Please keep the suggestions coming! Thanks again :)

I'm wondering if there is a compatability problem between the video that came from your VCR and that from the mini DV camcorder. Have you ever mixed the two in a video before and been able to render it?

More specifically, in the past, have you been successful in rendering video from your VCR? Have you been successful in rendering video from the mini DV camcorder?

Edited by mlpasley

I'm wondering if there is a compatability problem between the video that came from your VCR and that from the mini DV camcorder. Have you ever mixed the two in a video before and been able to render it?

More specifically, in the past, have you been successful in rendering video from your VCR? Have you been successful in rendering video from the mini DV camcorder?

Hello again... I have taken video off both the VCR tapes and my mini DV camcorder over the past 3 years and I've never run into this problem. I thought that maybe somehow the video that I took off the VCR tape may have become corrupt (how that would happen i have no idea) so I deleted all scenes that came from the VCR tape and that still did not work.

The only difference in this video, from those in the past, is that it is about 30 minutes with 4 or 5 songs, transistions throughout, a few effects and a lot of video and photos. Its all stored on a 300 gb hard drive but i'm wondering if this program is just not capable of handling that much.

The video will not preview at all. I have to cut it 4 times in order to view it. :)

I'm more desperate than ever trying to get this resolved... so please if you or anyone else happens to think of anything let me know...

Guest mlpasley

The fact that you cannot 'preview' the movie is a new bit of information and may give a clue as to what is wrong. Lost preview usually indicates that the problem is in the storyline. I had a problem with text on a scene that 'lost' my preview, but other things can cause this too.

- Try this: Save a second copy of that production (File\ Save As.... ). Now with that second copy, start deleting scenes from the last place you remember editing. After you delete a scene, watch the preview screen. If the preview comes back, you'll know that the scene you deleted is causing the problem.

Of course, if you get to frame 1 and the preview screen hasn't come back, then the error is in frame 1 or that's not the problem.

Your original production won't have been changed, so you haven't lost anything but some time.

- If the problem is too many photos or videos, you can do the File\ Save As and save four copies of that production. Delete all but 1/4 of the production and hen output that production to a new file. ( Make Movie\ DVD\CD\ DVD\ Best\ Render.) You can then assemble those four files on a fifth production and burn that.

Let us know what you find.

Edited by mlpasley

Thank you for trying to help me resolve this issue. I havent fixed the problem and will not need to at this point... I was to late... Thanks again!

Guest mlpasley
Thank you for trying to help me resolve this issue. I havent fixed the problem and will not need to at this point... I was to late... Thanks again!

I'm so sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

\I believe you have too many layers on your photo's. I too had this problems. I removed several layers and was able to render the file.

I had some pictures with music, then text, then pictures effects and overlays, then add the transition from one pic to the other, was just too much. I changed the transition and removed some text and removed the effects and overlays and viola, it worked. Good Luck.

quote name='asandull' date='Jan 20 2006, 10:07 AM' post='5462']