• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

baker

7.1 download zip - doesn't download

Question

I get to the click Download "Toast_Ti_71_Update.zip" but nothing happens apart from being sent to the main updater page and I certainly don't get the zip on my desktop.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Baker.

Should have added I'm on 10.4.8 with a G5

B

8 answers to this question

Guest Preet at Roxio
I get to the click Download "Toast_Ti_71_Update.zip" but nothing happens apart from being sent to the main updater page and I certainly don't get the zip on my desktop.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Baker.

Should have added I'm on 10.4.8 with a G5

B

Try disabling your popup blocker, anti virus and firewall and then see if you have an issue accessing the update.

Thanks for the tip, I disabled the Firewall (Intego Net Barrier) and it reached the Zip immediately. Now I have to find out if 7.1 is the answer to all my prayers .. :)

Richard.

Try disabling your popup blocker, anti virus and firewall and then see if you have an issue accessing the update.

I've been having the same or similar problem in trying to download the 7.1 update. I've got Toast 7 on a G5 with 10.4.8. When I move the curser onto the download button it does not change into the hand symbol, and when I click on it, it just takes me to a list of all the roxio applications that can supposedly be updated. Clicking on the Toast 7 link then just takes me round in the same circle.

I'm using Intego firewall anti-virus and firewall. I've tried disabling the firewall and background scanning, but this makes no difference.

After a very frustratiing time with the online support, I spoke to someone in customer services about 10 days ago who said that it was a known problem that was receiving attention, but there has been no notice posted of a problem that I've seen and the download button is still refusing to work for me.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Steve j :)

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Steve j :)

Sometimes I have to use a different browser in similar situations.

It's a shame that customer services did not offer to email you the file.

Try a different browser.

Search for VirusBarrier or something similar on this forum. There is a checkbox somewhere that has to be switched to Off, I think. Haven't got it myself, so I can't tell you whre it is...

Sometimes I have to use a different browser in similar situations.

It's a shame that customer services did not offer to email you the file.

Try a different browser.

Thanks for both the suggestions.

I had another go at at disabling firewall, anti-virus and pop up blocckers without any success.

I then resorted to using a PC with internet explorer, and was successful in downloading the file without turning off any of its protection. I then just transferred it to the Mac via CD-R.

It looks as if the problem might have been that the Roxio update service did not like the Safari browser, although that still seems unlikely given that Roxio make such well known Mac products. And I have not had a problem purchasing by download using Safari on an intel mac laptop.

Any way I'm there now. Thanks again.

Steve j

If anybody is using NetBarrier then try unticking "last web-site visited" in Privacy/Surf/Information Hiding.

Thanks, this is clearly the answer. It's probably what previous posting by hermie 54 was referring to, but I couldn't find the details.

Although I'd already updated by the round about route described previously, I tried downloading the zip file again on the G5 with the firewall on, but the "last web-site visited" box unticked and it worked fine.

Stevej