George B

Sonic DigitalMedia Deluxe Studio runtime error

Question

Please somebody help i have an error that is driving me crazy..I recently installed windows media player 11 on my pc and now when im using digital media deluxe and i go to close it , it always gives me this runtime error and i cant seem to find a way to get rid of it and keeps appearing everytime i shut digital media off..

Any help would be appreciated..

here is the pic of the error - 10312006080334iy6.th.png

7 answers to this question

Same problem. Can't find any help on the web. How about you? Any luck?

Edited by GEly

I cant find anything either..I submitted an incident to sonic to notify them of this big problem..here is the link so you can submit it to - http://support.sonic.com/login/login.aspx?...amp;product=dms

The more we let them know about this error the faster they will come up with a patch ..

Im also hoping wmp 11 comes out with a new build and by chance gets rid of the error..

Have you attempted reinstalling?

A clean install, which involves removing registry entries, is your best bet although it can be a bit invasive.

Clean install:

First uninstall all Sonic products through Add/Remove programs and then delete the following folder if they exist:

C:\Program Files\Sonic

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared

C:\Documents and Settings\-username-\Application Data\Sonic

If you can’t find an application data folder, while in the Windows Explorer window browsing for these folders, select Tools, Folder Options, View tab, and select Show Hidden Files and Folders. Hit OK and look again.

Now go to Start, regedit, and delete the following folders by right clicking on them and selecting delete:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sonic

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sonic

I will try this although I was hoping it would not come to it. I did not receive any help from tech support. They said it was incompatable with WMP 11 and I needed to go back to 10. I let them know this is not acceptable. And I will not upgrade to Roxio''s latest product. (Done that too many times already!) They then hinted there could be a fix coming, maybe.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

I just can't do it. I admit defeat. I have removed Windows Media Player 11 and went back to 10. This was after I tried using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 and found that it gave no warning messages and crashed. I will not go to all that trouble of uninstalling Sonic and Roxio and reinstalling just to find they still do not work. If I remove them they may never get reinstalled again. Tech support has been no help. I hope thy are working on a solution. As I told tech support I will not be forced into upgrading to Roxio EMC 9. I have upgraded my last time with this company. (That is why I went to Sonic but alas they are one and the same with Roxio now! Too bad.)

If anyone is brave enough to try a reinstall and it works please keep us posted.

Oh, now that WMP 11 is gone everything is back to working. Shame, I liked WMP 11. A big improvement over 10.

Thanks all.

Edited by GEly

I just can't do it. I admit defeat. I have removed Windows Media Player 11 and went back to 10. This was after I tried using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 and found that it gave no warning messages and crashed. I will not go to all that trouble of uninstalling Sonic and Roxio and reinstalling just to find they still do not work. If I remove them they may never get reinstalled again. Tech support has been no help. I hope thy are working on a solution. As I told tech support I will not be forced into upgrading to Roxio EMC 9. I have upgraded my last time with this company. (That is why I went to Sonic but alas they are one and the same with Roxio now! Too bad.)

If anyone is brave enough to try a reinstall and it works please keep us posted.

Oh, now that WMP 11 is gone everything is back to working. Shame, I liked WMP 11. A big improvement over 10.

Thanks all.

Sorry to hear that you've decided to revert back to WMP10 as I feel as yoiu do that WMP11 is far far better than WMP10, but with the problem that this program is giving, I'm surprised no one at ROXIO has come up with a solution yet. I would reinstall DigitalMedia program, but I haven't got the installation file as the program came pre-installed on the laptop. I've had to move over to the DigitalMedia as Nero's giving me programs at the moment.

But I'll keep trying to find out what the problem is with this and if I find out what it is I'll let ya know.