BobFHill

Can Capture Video With Composite But Not S-Video

Question

I am trying to capture video from a VCR. I get audio and video with the composite connection but not with the S-Video (yes I changed the input source in the settings.) I checked the connections on both ends and they are plugged in tight and the cable is brand new. Just purchased it from Best Buy.

Any suggestions? Could this brand new cable be defective?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

No picture. The Default Roxio background never changes but the audio is fine. This is only with S-Video, Composite video works but I'm assuming I'm losing substantial video quality.

You did select S-Video in the software as the input?.

What is the make and model # of the VCR?.

Edited by ogdens

Don't buy this product. I used it for three days and worked perfect, then quit. Nothing has changed. When you read the reviews, it appears this happens a lot. I have tried calling Corel, sending email and going through their support system but no one ever gets back to you. The product should work longer than a week. Now I get green screen and it cannot capture any video.

Don't buy this product. I used it for three days and worked perfect, then quit. Nothing has changed. When you read the reviews, it appears this happens a lot. I have tried calling Corel, sending email and going through their support system but no one ever gets back to you. The product should work longer than a week. Now I get green screen and it cannot capture any video.

Sorry it isn't working. You've probably tried everything already. Only advice I have is to be sure to plug in the USB device after first launching the application. Also, try a different USB port.