• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
New to Roxio

Problems With Roxio Toast And Burning On A Mac

Question

I have tried burning an iMovie that I saved onto the desktop on my Mac. The first copy came out fine, but when I went to do a second copy (yes, I am THAT mother that fears one will stop working and then those memories will be lost forever), I have gone through 5 discs with the following error message: "The drive reported an error: Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST, Sense Code = 0x21, 0x02. BUFFER UNDERRUN." I am new to using this, and am very frustrated. What am I doing wrong? How do I get this to work? Also, I did restart the computer and the program in between. I am using an Apple SuperDrive to burn it. Please help!!!

2 answers to this question

Wow... I haven't seen a "buffer underrun" error in years - as in, back when creating your own disc was still a new concept.

From what I recall, it was in reference to the system not being able to keep up with the write speed of the drive, although with newer/modern hardware, I wouldn't normally expect to see that.

My personal preference when creating discs is to write a disc image file from the app, verify the disc image with an external player (e.g. the DVD Player app), and then use Disk Utility to burn the disc.

Otherwise,... can you provide a bit more technical detail on your current setup? Mac model, OS X version, iMovie version, Toast version (guessing 12 since you posted in this forum), blank disc brand, type (DVD-R, DVD+R) and speed (8x, 16x), etc.?

Istari's suggestions are good. I, too, have had Toast fail to burn a second copy of a disc in one session but I don't think it was buffer underrun. My suggestion is to quit and reopen Toast before making the second copy. That works for me. You can have Toast duplicate the first disc by inserting it and choosing Disc Copy in the Toast Copy window.